I've been looking through skills.cs and I'm not seeing anything that looks like 1 or .1 I see a lot of 10 but that's it... Anyone know what code to edit to make skill gains pop up at 10 skill points per gain?

Also... Why am I not gaining skill now that I've set my skill to 1000 with a 1500 skill cap in meditation? hmm...

Last edited:
There's more involved than that. You'll have to go through each skill and raise the difficulty level on higher skills so that you still have a chance to fail. Skill gain never happens if you cannot fail.

OTOH, if you change skill caps to 10x the norm and then give away skill gains at 10x the normal rate, the player's overall game experience remains just like it would be with zero changes made.

Also the game isn't balanced around 1,000 skill, so the combat will get very wonky very fast.

Increasing the numbers by a factor of x doesn't actually increase difficulty or achievement.

There's more involved than that. You'll have to go through each skill and raise the difficulty level on higher skills so that you still have a chance to fail. Skill gain never happens if you cannot fail.

OTOH, if you change skill caps to 10x the norm and then give away skill gains at 10x the normal rate, the player's overall game experience remains just like it would be with zero changes made.

Yeah so it only seems to apply to non passive skills... cant gain wrestling or weapons skills or anatomy BUT I gain tactics like crazy... so I'll have to do something to make this work better.

Also have any idea what code to change to make skill gains more than 0.1?

So what I found in that was this reply...

Change it to see the number as a percentage rather than a whole number.

Line 595 of SkillGrowthRates.cs:

Code:
return SkillRates[pm.Classe][skill] / 100;

It seems like it worked for the op but that script and code is no where to be found in my version of servuo (most up to date I believe)

ServUO - [https://www.servuo.com] Version 0.5, Build 7065.37616 - Build on 5/6/2019 8:53:52 PM UTC - Debug
Post automatically merged:

I got it!

if (skill.Base <= 10.0)
toGain = Utility.Random(4) + 1;
Changed it to...
if (skill.Base <= 5000.0)
toGain = Utility.Random(4) + 1000;

This boosted my skill gains to 100.0 per gain!!! NICE.

Last edited:
Back