Hello everyone,

How would I go about configuring the email.cfg file? If I wanted to use a gmail email?

C#:
# In order to support emailing, fill in EmailServer and FromAddress
# Port 25 = unencrypted
# Port 465 or 587 = encrypted
# encryption requires EmailSsl set true

EmailServer=
EmailPort=25
EmailSsl=False

FromAddress=

# If you want to add crash reporting emailing, fill in CrashAddresses (multiple addresses can be added comma seperated)
CrashAddresses=

# If you want to add speech log page emailing, fill in SpeechLogPageAddresses (multiple addresses can be added comma seperated)
SpeechLogPageAddresses=

# If EmailUsername is not set or null, anonymous authentication is used
EmailUsername=
EmailPassword=

Unless someone corrects me and I am wrong, I am fairly certain you need an actual email server to take advantage of that. A 3rd party one like hotmail, live, gmail, etc doesn't work.

I can tell by your responses that you are perhaps biting off more than you can chew. To cut to the end of the story, just do a Google search for free SMTP servers for Windows and you should find some simple Windows services to run a quick and dirty email system.

Now onto the system admin nuances you would face going down this road. Just doing the bare minimum will get your emails flagged as spam because they will fail a DNS resolution. In order to avoid this, you would need a registered domain name pointing to the IP address where an MX record points to. Usually free DNS name services cannot work this way, so you would probably need to fork some cash to the name providers. Again, if you don't get into this level of detail, your emails will end up in their junk or not at all.

Back