Hey guys, So i have tried using UOFiddler and Hue Manager to change my hues. I see how it all works but both programs wont display any art so that i can see what the colors look like.. i have included some screens as to maybe get some help on this because i so far have had no luck.. maybe its something small that im overlooking.. I see the image when i click on, "hue only grey" but not when i want to see my custom color in all its glory.

UOFSee.jpg UOFNotSee.jpg

'Hue Only Grey' is basically 'apply the hue to only grey pixels', you should still see the art in both scenarios.

It might be worth transplanting Ultima.dll from ServUO to your Fiddler root directory, as that is what handles the colouration of the artwork and might need updated.

I'm saying you should try taking the Ultima.dll from ServUO's project and replacing the one in Fiddler's folder, yeah.

Backup the one in Fiddler's folder first though (rename it to Ultima.dll.bak or something)

Ok so I couldn't find it in my servUO download but I replaced it with another one from a different version of Fiddler and now I can see the item when I test it on a color that's already in the hues but if I try to make a custom color, I still don't see it... Hmm...

Ok I did that but it's still coming up to where when I choose a color and adjust the gradient, the more color I have the more white it gets resulting in the tile becoming invisible instead of showing color... I wonder why...

TBH, I don't think I've ever used Fiddler to edit hues - it's been 12 years since I last did it too, but I used to use this app (attached).

I have a huge archive of all kinds of UO editors, I hope this works for you :p

Fiddler is bugged in many ways it seems.

Attachments

• UOHueEditor.rar
    167 KB · Views: 90
The only thing I don't wanna use that program for is because I want to see the result of the colors I picked so I don't have a bunch of dumb color combos haha. UOF saves hues fine. I'm just after the preview. I have used to programs that have previews but they both don't work..

Last edited:
That is a bit of an issue, looks like someone will have to either fix Fiddler or come up with a new tool :D

A new tool shouldn't be too hard for the adept developer, Ultima.dll has all the code necessary to build something like this, just a matter of who, when and how long?

The hue you're editing reminds me of the "Bane Armor" hue from Alternate-PK (circa 1998-2002)

That shard had one of the most customized hue files I've ever known.... and here it is :)

Attachments

• hues.mul
    259.3 KB · Views: 51
Hahaha well it's nice to know it may turn out well. This was one of a few color combos I remember looking pretty cool together. Others I want to recreate but I can't if I dont have a visual ya know? :/

For update purposes as to the issue I'm having, I can see colors displayed on a tile fine but they have to be in the hues.mul file already to see how they look. So if I make a few colors and save the hues, when I point UOFiddler to that new hues file, it will display the color. It just won't display it when you are making the color.

The hue you're editing reminds me of the "Bane Armor" hue from Alternate-PK (circa 1998-2002)

That shard had one of the most customized hue files I've ever known.... and here it is :)
I know this is an old tread but thank you for the mul file :)

Back