I already did the config work for my shard but I want to see what others thank about it.

How many would like teleport system that did not use items but ran off code with all the same features?

I have this implanted in my shard and it works really well and I think its nice to make fast changes without having to edit code or even make a new teleport item.

Here example how mine works,

this is the dungeon Covetous
and using a .cfg file formate

I'm sure to all of you this looks insane but the idea came from neruns spawn system that's how I came up with this.

this the layout work of those numbers and true and false statement

#FROM-TO-LOC x,y,z,m TO-FROM-DEST x,y,z,m ACTIVE NPC COMBAT CRIMINAL FX FX1 SOUNDID DELAY ONEWAY BONDED

2498|916|0|0|5455|1864|0|0|true|false|true|true|00|00|00|0|false|false
2499|916|0|0|5456|1864|0|0|true|false|true|true|00|00|00|0|false|false
2500|916|0|0|5457|1864|0|0|true|false|true|true|00|00|00|0|false|false
2384|836|0|0|5615|1996|0|0|true|false|true|true|00|00|00|0|false|false
2384|837|0|0|5615|1997|0|0|true|false|true|true|00|00|00|0|false|false
2384|838|0|0|5615|1998|0|0|true|false|true|true|00|00|00|0|false|false
2420|883|0|0|5392|1959|0|0|true|false|true|true|00|00|00|0|false|false
2421|883|0|0|5393|1959|0|0|true|false|true|true|00|00|00|0|false|false
2422|883|0|0|5394|1959|0|0|true|false|true|true|00|00|00|0|false|false
2455|858|0|0|5388|2027|0|0|true|false|true|true|00|00|00|0|false|false
2456|858|0|0|5389|2027|0|0|true|false|true|true|00|00|00|0|false|false
2457|858|0|0|5390|2027|0|0|true|false|true|true|00|00|00|0|false|false
2544|850|0|0|5578|1927|0|0|true|false|true|true|00|00|00|0|false|false
2545|850|0|0|5579|1927|0|0|true|false|true|true|00|00|00|0|false|false
2546|850|0|0|5580|1927|0|0|true|false|true|true|00|00|00|0|false|false
5551|1805|12|0|5556|1825|-3|0|true|false|true|true|00|00|00|0|false|false
5552|1805|12|0|5557|1825|-3|0|true|false|true|true|00|00|00|0|false|false
5553|1805|12|0|5557|1825|-3|0|true|false|true|true|00|00|00|0|false|false
5556|1826|-10|0|5551|1806|7|0|true|false|true|true|00|00|00|0|false|false
5557|1826|-10|0|5552|1806|7|0|true|false|true|true|00|00|00|0|false|false
5466|1804|12|0|5593|1840|-3|0|true|false|true|true|00|00|00|0|false|false
5466|1805|12|0|5593|1841|-3|0|true|false|true|true|00|00|00|0|false|false
5466|1806|12|0|5593|1842|-3|0|true|false|true|true|00|00|00|0|false|false
5594|1840|-7|0|5467|1804|7|0|true|false|true|true|00|00|00|0|false|false
5594|1841|-7|0|5467|1805|7|0|true|false|true|true|00|00|00|0|false|false

I have also beenw orking on adding the quest system to it to read what quest ant stats ect.
I removed all those teleport items from my shard using this system.

Last edited:
Pros:
- Don't have to worry about affecting the teleporters when editing terrain.
- Direct control over teleporters.
- Less items in the world.

Cons:
- Unfortunately, a simpleton GameMaster can't edit the file directly without having access to that said file.
- Needs edits to some files, which could cause confusion, mistakes and possible bugs.
- You are out of the game to do such edit.
- Possible performance issues regarding file I/O.
- You have to open the file, edit there, and save, which is a time loss considering you can do it in 2 sec ingame.

Overall:
This system is a good idea, but for the sake of genericity (keeping the emulator general for all purposes), i would not offer this by default.

It has core edits ill post it soon as I dig it all out.

I haven't seen any of Possible performance issues regarding file I/O.

I see what your saying can not edit this locations in game but a UI or some type remote admin can be set up to edit these files.
Also all you have to do is edit the files to be empty and system will not be on. and still use in game teleporter but if your doing custom teleporter in game you can add your own in game teleports this more less setup for default dungeons that most osi shards use so no reason needing to edit them.

again teleport item would still be usable by a gm by doing [add teleportitem not sure the name of the teleports at this moment.

just showing not all the cons are bad but versatile.

but thank you for the feed back that is what I am looking for.

Well I been wanting to improve the system a lot more just been so busy messing with other things,

I had a idea to a in game Gump where you can edit the files directly and save and they would work.

Why not just tell the truth for once and admit you decompiled it out of an exe I sent you?

Its not like I care who has the code.. but why try to say you came up with it and coded it?
Hilarious dude.. just hilarious.

Last edited:
@Po0ka
DS said, "I haven't seen any of Possible performance issues regarding file I/O."

Since he didn't code any of this in any way, it's understandable he has no clue how it works..
All the locations are read once at startup and placed in an data array. So there is no I/O performance issue.
Actually this saves on network performance, as the tele-items do not need to send packet data to players about their location.

Also rarely do dungeon entrances and exits need their teleport locations changed during the course of play.
As DS did mention.. tele-items are still available to place and remove if a GM wishes.
Just food for thought.

Waiting for the core uploads DS, if I recall its only a couple lines of code..whats the hold up?.

I agree, i guess i saw "file read/write", and jumped to the conclusion it was continuously checked xD
A file read/write with the Mobile OnMove method would be quite a fun thing to test tho ;D

Sure, would almost be a throw back to the old emu's trigger systems, which is an idea I like too..

Some good news for me.. I had lost all the work I had done on this code base in a hard drive failure.
Luckily I still had an exe uploaded to the internet, so I was able to download it, then use the same idea and decompile it.
Of course that makes a slight mess of things.
Fortunately, since I was the designer, it is simple enough to merge it into a new solution of ServUo. :D

I am also doing a deep scan of that dead drive atm.. it is at 4 bars (about 5%) after 28 hours. Its a 2tb drive. (second one that died quickly)
There is a lot of other code and files I lost that could possibly be of some value to the ServUO community.

*I doubt the other part of the post I had here is possible, so I just removed it*

Last edited:
Oh crap after reading my first post i just noticed it said i did it.. my bad guys.

It was fraz did the code work i just did all the config work and ran the ideas . we bounced back and forth on it untill he got the work in.. my first post is mistyped. my bad.

i have the code i am going to upload it. i never decompiled your exe silly boy you sent me the source because you said you was having harddrive problems you musta beeen smoking a lot that day lol.

Oh Ok.. but actually you had told me about when you decompiled it.. I remember it came out where it wouldn't recompile and you asked me what was wrong..

I was glad about that because I was able to recover the code today using that idea!

I'm still missing some files that I never released so hoping my recovery works!

well i didnt decompile it you sent it to me and was last time i talked to you because you went offline. and then i got banned from here and justuo and everything well.. this year i figured i start out by helping them.bafter that i was going to be done with uo emus for good. because i am moving on to Elder Scrolls Online.

Isn´t IO handling total non performant?
I would like to avoid that the server has to do dozen of IO actions outside of a few configurations. The idea is neat but only if you are only staff member or all responsible staff can edit IO stuff.

Edit : I just not read all haha. Well reading on shard reboot dont hurt :)

Last edited:
I think the points and counter points have been made already in this thread.
I am more than happy to answer any concerns and questions.

The IO is only done at server startup taking about a nanosecond. (give or take)

Even if a feature is added to allow the teleporters to be edited, it is also hard to imagine a huge rush of staff
modifying teleporter entries at the same time, whereas to cause a performance issue.

Still, I'm sure this feature may not be for everybody.

I look at it from this perspective,
Every item in the world is queried by every mobile that comes within its send range.
Every item then sends its location data to the client via packets to tell the client its location.
Every mobile searches the items in send range, when an item is located, there is code to interpret the items and what they should do.
Every item needs to be saved and loaded, this is more IO than being done by this feature.
Staff almost never(?) has a need to edit the entrances of hard locations like dungeons and caves.
Staff can easily make a new file location and post or send to the admin for inclusion. One path line in the teleporters.cfg needs added by admin.
All staff is always able to still use 'item teleports' when required.. for locations that might frequently require any edits.

All together I would rate this a major performance increase, not decrease, for many reasons.

I think the points and counter points have been made already in this thread.
I am more than happy to answer any concerns and questions.

The IO is only done at server startup taking about a nanosecond. (give or take)

Even if a feature is added to allow the teleporters to be edited, it is also hard to imagine a huge rush of staff
modifying teleporter entries at the same time, whereas to cause a performance issue.

Still, I'm sure this feature may not be for everybody.

I look at it from this perspective,
Every item in the world is queried by every mobile that comes within its send range.
Every item then sends its location data to the client via packets to tell the client its location.
Every mobile searches the items in send range, when an item is located, there is code to interpret the items and what they should do.
Every item needs to be saved and loaded, this is more IO than being done by this feature.
Staff almost never(?) has a need to edit the entrances of hard locations like dungeons and caves.
Staff can easily make a new file location and post or send to the admin for inclusion. One path line in the teleporters.cfg needs added by admin.
All staff is always able to still use 'item teleports' when required.. for locations that might frequently require any edits.

All together I would rate this a major performance increase, not decrease, for many reasons.
For dungeon entries and certain situations this might be very useful. I think i remember ds had this on gow as feature and it was quiete interesting (now regardless if you or him are author). I may give it a try in future and atleast check out the code :)

feature came from fraz for G.O.W

This is a great feature i dont see why we wouldnt want this. If i remember correctly Fraz has shopw me time and time again how sending item data to players can cause slow downs if you take away all the items being sent to mor then one player you can speed a server up.

If i am not making a mistake some one [posted on runuo how w are sending mutli context info to players over and over again. when people come in range this can be a slow down but i think that was fixed.

Fraz has went though the code and he can speed servuo up I think Fraz would be a great addition to the dev team here he is very smart has over 30 years exp in programming. I dont need to xpress how smart he is. you can tell by the way he types and knows he programming ask any any question he can anwser it he started to teach me a lot he has tought me a lot in programing if it was not for him i would of never learned it.

Hey John..
I used the current source for ServUO when I added it, so a copy over should be fine,
(really there is just a few small sections that need added to these files for the update)

teleporters.cs is new, main.cs and mobiles.cs would get updated or replaced..

The ServUO.exe would need recompiled, after adding the new code.

It is for everyone, it is set default to add all the locations a mobile teleports at when they enter a dungeon or cave ect,
The locations for all the 'official' maps are provided (tweaking may need done, very simple)

You can also read further instructions at the resource https://www.servuo.com/archive/fraz-teleport-system-1-0.594/

You can add or remove any you wish just by adding or removing its line from teleporters.cfg.
You can also remove all of them and start your own with ease (say for a custom map).

You define the file path location in teleporters.cfg.. (within the Data\Teleporters folder is auto and doesn't need defined)
See examples with resource.

You create the path you defined by making folders inside Teleporters folder,
You create a new file in that folder/file path you defined.
You add an entry line for the teleporter location in your new file.

When you start ServUO and walk to the start location point you defined, you will teleport to the Destination point you defined.
As well as back again as long as the ONEWAY tag is set false.
Sounds, Graphic Effects, and other options can be added to the players teleport action.
Again see the example with the resource.

This removes the need to add any of the 'item teleporters' that currently need added to a shard to enter dungeons ect..

If you have any other questions or trouble getting the system in, please ask.

Last edited:
No but I am going to consider adding on for v1.1 or v1.2 with a system that lets you add/edit them and not have to restart.
Perhaps with a gump of some sort.

It was originally designed to handle mostly hard map locations that almost never change, but due to interest it might as well be improved.

Back