hello there :) I am still trying to figure out what I need to do to change my IP to My Domain name!!
I have read and read but im not understanding this part at all :( any help will be great and ty

Whoever is hosting your domain should have a control panel that allows you to set your DNS. Who do you have your domain from?

right now im looking at wordpress for a web site but haven't done anything yet. because I don't know what to do at this point hun :( says I get a domain name but I was also told ill need a 2nd one for the server

I was told I need two domains one for the web site and one for the IP#s to be something like play.White-Tiger.com wth im so lost im looking at wordpress for a web site

You dont need two domains. You can have something like play.server.com and website.server.com. Then you can set DNS to point to the different IP addresses, one for your game server and the other for your wordpress website.

But as Tas said, we need to know who you bought your domain from as they each do it differently.

I haven't bought one yet. im looking at wordpress they give you one heres a link
https://wordpress.com/pricing/ the $3.99 one a month

I know ill need to set up two diff names one for the web site and one for the server but I have no idea what to do at this point.

Last edited:
You do not need two different names. Buy your domain name then once you get it you can point your DNS to another IP (ie- the IP of your shard). I own trueuo.com. I made my DNS play.trueuo.com , I can also do game.trueuo.com, uo.trueuo.com, any combination. Once you purchase a package you edit the DNS on your control panel. I pay more than $4 so no idea how WordPress is set up.
[doublepost=1504394225][/doublepost]Ipage, godaddy, all cheap and support it.

godaddy has a sale right now for .99 cents for the year , but of course you would need to inquire more as to what this covers :)

You could run the website and the server off of the same machine. Use a free web site address by going here www.dynu.com, then, depending on which OS you have, you can use apache2 or WAPP to host. Then the only bill you have is for the server.

Back