Hello all, hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. I'm currently running a private little server that im using to learn how to modify and create custom scripts and things with uo. I'm using the XmlLevelItems and it's working fine, but we have Evos and the squire system in place as well, and when they kill anything or a mage uses a summon spell i.e. Vortex, blade, animate, natures fury, none of the kills from those creatures count towards item experience.
Over the past few days, I have torn through every line of BaseCreature, LevelItemManager and playermobile, and have yet to find what I needed. Yesterday I had modified the XmlLevelItems and ended up quadrupling the xp gain and my brothers went nuts leveling stuff until I reverted it back to original Servuo scripts this morning. All I want to do is make it so the "followers" kills contribute to the weapon xp. If anyone has any ideas or can maybe help me narrow the search Id appreciate it.

I use the same system and it works as intended, at least for the squires. Now what I do know is, unless the squire is responsible for the kill they do not get the exp points. Now I'm not sure if that is what you are referring to, in my case i have no problem leaving it like that but if you would rather share the EXP between the basecreature and the playermobile, you would after to alter the BeforeDeath or OnDeath event handler I believe for basecreature and the Playermobile on some level.

Your right the system works perfect, as long as I get the kill or my squire gets the kill with Levelable items on they gain experience, but being mostly a caster player and an absolutely huge fan of spellweaving, using any sort of a controlled creature or a tamed pet yields no experience if they get the killing blow.
Initially I had changed the ondeath method to yield experience based on damage, and that was a huge mistake. The damage output of the leveled items cause things to get almost 700 experience a kill, it was crazy. So i just reverted it back to original script.

P.S All in all the system works great, I just noticed that no one is using the evos or anything because they are taking the experience away from the player, myself included. So having the controlled and summoned creatures killing blows count towards player xp is what I was looking for.

by the way, since you happen to use it. To note, the XmlLevelItem attachment itself is not set to attach to baseclothing, yet they included baseclothing and ANYTHING in the instructions.. lol You need to add baseclothing and anything you want to attach to it in the xmllevelitem attachment itself, then you will be able to level things up accordingly.

oh thats interesting, I was wondering why when I changed the base clothing script it hadn't made the items levelable I will take a peek at it. Thanks mang!

No problem, if you can't figure it out let me know and I can point you in the right direction. ( I was tempted to add basecreature for the fun of it ) lol

ya thats really all it is for the fun of it, because the system works great, but no ones using anything else so i want to try and make them mesh so people use everything not just bits and pieces

when I feel the motivation I will probably add another category just for base clothing and make it more unique then just another basearmor type attribute list.

Back