I am new to ServUo, my server has been up and running. I am on windows 10. I had used the latest server a few days ago, and client was updated to latest. Most things seem to be running fine. As I am new I will probably find more things that might not be running correctly for myself. I have tried to search for info for the last few days without any luck.
my files seem configured right. the issue that sticks out is I cant add runic tools through the add option.. Any insight would be appreciated.. I just feel its something simple.

Runic tools aren't scripted in a way where you can add them via the add menu.
If you look at say RunicHammer.cs
You will see 2 Construcables in the file, they show how the item is added.
In this case it has the following:
C#:
[Constructable]
        public RunicHammer(CraftResource resource)
            : base(resource, 0x13E3)
        {
            this.Weight = 8.0;
            this.Layer = Layer.OneHanded;
            this.Hue = CraftResources.GetHue(resource);
        }

[Constructable]
        public RunicHammer(CraftResource resource, int uses)
            : base(resource, uses, 0x13E3)
        {
            this.Weight = 8.0;
            this.Layer = Layer.OneHanded;
            this.Hue = CraftResources.GetHue(resource);
        }
so if you take a look at these lines specifically it shows it has to have extra arguments to add the item:
public RunicHammer(CraftResource resource)
public RunicHammer(CraftResource resource, int uses)

so to add it you would need to either use
[add RunicHammer CraftResource
or
[add RunicHammer Craftresource numberofuses

or as an example:
[add RunicHammer Gold
or
[add RunicHammer Gold 10

SO what if you wanted to make it drop on a mob? or spawn in a chest?

I tried this:

TreasureLevel4/Hue/1152/EngravedText/Requires Grandmaster Lockpicking/RequiredSkill/100/ADD,1.00/<SpinedLeather/Amount/250/>/ADD,1.00/<DullCopperIngot/Amount/250>/ADD,1.00/<RunicSewingKit/Resource/SpinedLeather/UsesRemaining/25/>

and the spawner keeps throwing me an error:

Invalid ADD, No such item: RunicSewingKit..

and you cannot dupe them, so putting them on a vendor stone is out of the question..
Post automatically merged:

All Im trying to do is make the lower end runics more available.. i dont have many crafters on the server yet.. just a few, so bod rewards are slim to none.

Last edited:
TreasureLevel4/Hue/1152/EngravedText/Requires Grandmaster Lockpicking/RequiredSkill/100/ADD,1.00/<SpinedLeather/Amount/250/>/ADD,1.00/<DullCopperIngot/Amount/250>/ADD,1.00/<RunicSewingKit,SpinedLeather/UsesRemaining/25/>

Back