Joinuo finally implemented thier new look. Shards removed so you may want to relist. Of course site of the month was changed back to uoevolution and will remain. Enjoy the shitty new version.

I have watched closely before the change. As soon as a shard hit #1 , evo suddenly gained far more votes to take #1 again. Hehe.

Derrick's theme was far better.

I don't really care for the new joinuo at all :/ It's not laid out quite well enough looks sort of "thrown together"

The layout isn't bad imo, but the theme itself is horribly dull. Could certainly be vastly better looking.

As for the drama surrounding it, even though this is the Back Room, let's let that dead horse lie. ;)

I'm not as concerned about the shard ranking aspect of that site as much as all the client details and development that were lost.

The download portion hosted pre-alpha clients, a server implementation based on the original UO demo (UO:98), a Wombat script decompiler, various tutorials on client internals, original release CDs, and tons more.

I'm not as concerned about the shard ranking aspect of that site as much as all the client details and development that were lost.
The download portion hosted pre-alpha clients, a server implementation based on the original UO demo (UO:98), a Wombat script decompiler, various tutorials on client internals, original release CDs, and tons more.

Just to let you know, Kyn still has all the original content from the old JoinUO and will be putting it up on the new site in due course. Just setting up the ins and outs of the new site!

Unless this is under new management, (which I doubt), I'd stay away from JoinUO. I made the mistake last year to sign up there, since UOGateway was gone. I recently had to change my port due to constant attempted logins (my server isn't live ATM, and wasn't on the JoinUO shard list anymore), Insanity said it was a possible "shard poller"..changed the port and all is good. I would rather go around my elbow to get to my ass than use JoinUO. IJS

Unless this is under new management, (which I doubt), I'd stay away from JoinUO. I made the mistake last year to sign up there, since UOGateway was gone. I recently had to change my port due to constant attempted logins (my server isn't live ATM, and wasn't on the JoinUO shard list anymore), Insanity said it was a possible "shard poller"..changed the port and all is good. I would rather go around my elbow to get to my ass than use JoinUO. IJS

I can't comment comparatively on how JoinUO was before to how it is now as I didn't ever use it before. All that I know is Derrick handed everything over to Kyn to keep it running and Kyn has 're-launched' it to achieve that goal. I like the concept of JoinUO, I feel that the likes of JoinUO and UoGateway are far better than a regular voting site that contains 100,000 games, every server for those games, a very rigid 'pay to have your server seen' system. and a hell of a lot of ad's displaying all kind of shit.
Just my opinion on it and I know many will disagree with me :p

I can't comment comparatively on how JoinUO was before to how it is now as I didn't ever use it before. All that I know is Derrick handed everything over to Kyn to keep it running and Kyn has 're-launched' it to achieve that goal. I like the concept of JoinUO, I feel that the likes of JoinUO and UoGateway are far better than a regular voting site that contains 100,000 games, every server for those games, a very rigid 'pay to have your server seen' system. and a hell of a lot of ad's displaying all kind of shit.
Just my opinion on it and I know many will disagree with me :p

Jan 22-24th is when the "shard poller" began: http://www.servuo.com/threads/ultimalive-map-streamer-and-editor.497/page-2#post-3449
JoinUO was the only site that I listed on..and with a unique port. (also hate that I ~still~ can't delete my account there :mad:) I don't know whom ran it around this time, but I do know there was a major uproar about JoinUO. I don't disagree with you liking JoinUO, you like what you like, but as for me...notta lotta love for em. I could care less about the whole "voting" thing anyway because I too like what I like, and if people ~really~ like a shard/server then word of mouth will suffice. ;)

JoinUO had a complete database wipe with the new site on 14th Feb apparently and only shards that signed up since then will be listed, the poller didn't poll shards that were inactive or removed. I'm guessing that if it was back on 22/24th then it was to do with the old site.

Also if you have signed up since that new site was launched and want to delete your account there's a big delete shard or delete account button in the "Shard Management Tab" & "Account Management Tab" respectively. (Atleast there is for me?) - I have no idea if this was there on the old site.

if people ~really~ like a shard/server then word of mouth will suffice.
True enough I guess :p - Still the extra throughput from the voting sites doesn't hurt. :p - Not essential I agree but if you have no one to start on your server (for example I wouldn't of had anyone to invite to play a fresh server before my current one and still wouldn't be happy about approaching the players I do know at any point in the future to come play on server X).

Not trying to start and argument at all, just don't want what could grow into be, an amazing part of the UO community, shot down in flames before it's had a chance to flourish.

Nah I really was working on my own shard listing website a long time ago. It was different to what you normally see, I mean it wasn't a plain list to begin with. I had a verification method too, like so that just whoever had access to server would be able to add the shard. I can't remember why I dropped the project, probably due to lack of time.

Back