Looking to find a shard to visit that still has the Old Magincia before UO blew it to bits. Anyone have that where I can visit? I honestly just want to take some screenshots of the old town and buildings.

Whispering Pines shard has it. I put it back piece by piece in their client 7.0.7.1 by exporting the entire town as an addon from the old 5.0.9c client and then adding it, and freezing it, in the new world. That didn't get the tiles that made up the floors and roadways so I put them back by hand one tile at a time.

Thanks... I might have to come check that out... I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing with my own shard and if I ever do I'll be glad.

Whispering Pines shard has it. I put it back piece by piece in their client 7.0.7.1 by exporting the entire town as an addon from the old 5.0.9c client and then adding it, and freezing it, in the new world. That didn't get the tiles that made up the floors and roadways so I put them back by hand one tile at a time.
That is really cool!

While Magincia was never my "go to city" I did spend a lot of time at that little wooden bank.

Back