Wilson submitted a new resource:

Loot Locator - Player Tool - ~Find It - Kill It - Loot It~

Loot Locator
~Player Tool~

Simple but effective little script, if you want to allow your players to be able to find a item they are looking for in the loot of a creature in the world! Than let them use this system! All the player needs to do is type
Code:
[LocateLoot <Name of Loot>
and they will either be given a map with the name and location of the creature, or they will be given the dungeon name they reside in!

The script comes default with a 1 min...​

Read more about this resource...

Don’t most UO shards have loot generate on monster death? Most monsters only have gold in their pack when this would be run.

I might have over looked something, I had proceeded with a few tests and found the items ie: Katana, longsword etc etc, though now that you bring it up, there is probably additional loot dropped that would be missed by this! I'll take a look and come up with a solution to still point the player to the mob that drops the items they are looking for! The intention of the system was to give players a small tool to locate where they should go based on the item they are after! Might also tie this to a npc, paid service? or option to have npc provide locations etc etc! Thanks for the heads up, I wrote this last night half baked while I was taking a break from my other project, I find these small projects fun to do!

Wilson updated Loot Locator - Player Tool with a new update entry:

Major Update

Due to a oversight, I forgot the loot doesn't generate until death, so to still bring a interesting loot locator to a player looking for that special item, they can now be assured they'll find it, if a mob doesn't have it, which depending on the base loot that is in the packs, ie: basic resources/weapons and armor, the system will pick a random mob from its list and place the item in the loot they are looking for. It is still up to the player to go find and kill the mob that has it! Makes...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Wilson updated Loot Locator - Player Tool with a new update entry:

Minor Update

Added - RestrictedLoot : Since the script allows the player to push loot to a creature currently spawned, it might be a good idea to include a list to hold the items that must be found via locked content, be it a quest or alike. So if you have any loot you wish to lock out of this system, just replace the commented code examples and use
Code:
nameof(LootClassName),
Any loot added to this list will not be able to be located!

View attachment 23337

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back