I haven't really played much after UO:R, but was wondering how the loot system works in aos and later expansions. I want every mob to have a chance to drop an artifact and was wondering did this come into play during any expansion or this would have to be coded in? If coded whats the easiest way of doing this?

this can be done in the OnDeath method in Basecreature.cs you can list all the artifacts and in the ondeath method either adjust it to simple chance or use something similar to Paragon.cs chance increases with monster fame, or use Doom arty drop method where luck helps determine chance.

Or I can suggest to use something like Daat Tokens. whereas tokens are distributed based on creature fame, and with said "Tokens" players can purchase the arties from vendor(s) or vendor stone(s). This is quite easy to do.
http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/runuo-2-0-rc1-daat99s-_token-system_.70709/#post-550789

<Attachment>Latest version of Basecreature.cs with Daat99 mod added, should give example on how to add loot to basecreature such as Artifacts as well.

Also Check out Minor Artifacts in Basecreature.cs and look at Miasma.cs to see how you can create an arti drop specific to certain creatures only.

Attachments

• BaseCreature.cs
    216.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Back