Does anyone remember back in the Renaissance days a random event or something that would happen called a magic storm? I remember walking around and at random a magic storm would snatch me up and hurl me virtually anywhere throughout Britannia. It would show a message or gump or whatnot saying I was caught up in a magic storm. I'm unable to find ANY documentation of this in any way shape or form across the internet.

Does anyone remember such a feature?

I would swear that it was called a "login storm" caused by too many people on one server (same shard) and the system started randomly throwing characters to other areas of the world. Like you said though, I can't find mention of it on Google anymore but I know it's talked about if you see any of Lord British's youtube videos about UO. Events like the opening of Trammel for example, when everybody in the world tried to log in at once to place a house in the empty lands.

I've played since T2A was new but I never experienced it. My char wasn't advanced enough to afford a house yet so the rush never really affected me!

They still exist in the code - they just don't drop as loot.

[add moonstone trammel
or
[add moonstone felucca

I considered making them available but I'd need to make sure they wouldn't allow people to reach areas in an unintended way due to differences in facets over the years.

Back