Ok guys so I broke down the map UOP files and I was confused as to why a couple maps had an x.mul file with them. I then turned map2x.mul. into map2.MUL to see what was in that file and it was an exact copy of map2.mul in every way I could see. Does anyone know why these new maps have a double with them? I'm even more confused hahaha.

I've tested with them a bit and if I'm correct the map2x.mul is more of backup for the original in case the first map2.mul fails to load. I've never had to many issues with it and I've removed the map#x.mul files from my client and I haven't had any issues from there.

Yeah maps 3-5 don't have a duplicate but the rest do. I'm gonna go ahead and zip my new files back up without the mapx files and see how it goes :)

I wonder why they kept both? Do you think with a double map inside a file, they could swap the maps at will while the server was live? So indeed we would have 8 maps instead of 5? Or did they just bundle maps just because? I have noticed in all my years of mul editing that they tend to make things and then stop but leave all the mess ups in the files hahaha

Yeah I know that but was just speculating on the reason they have 3 versions of 3 maps still in those files with the new ones

Back