Checked the other threads that show that I have to edit the Server/ScriptCompile.cs file, did that and ran the command:
Code:
mcs -sdk:4.5 -out:ServUO.exe -d:MONO -d:Framework_4_0 -d:ServUO -optimize+ -unsafe -r:System,System.Configuration.Install,System.Data,System.Drawing,System.EnterpriseServices,System.Management,System.Security,System.ServiceProcess,System.Web,System.Web.Services,System.Windows.Forms,System.Xml,OpenUO.Core.dll,OpenUO.Ultima.dll,OpenUO.Ultima.Windows.Forms.dll,SevenZipSharp.dll -nowarn:219,414 -recurse:Server/*.cs

as root and got the error:

Code:
Server/ScriptCompiler.cs(240,17): error CS0128: A local variable named `results' is already defined in this scope
Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warnings

Thoughts on what I have done wrong here?

I think your edit might not be completely legit, can you post the source code for your ScriptCompiler.cs?

ScriptCompiler.cs:L226 has the #if #else checks, I have a feeling you may be missing these as that would cause 'results' to be defined twice on line 227 then line 230.

Alternatively, try compiling in a Windows environment using Compile.MONO.bat in the ServUO root directory; it will output a ServUO.exe specifically for MONO use.

The edit you needed to make was a replace edit, it seems you've added it instead, doubling it up.

Select lines 236 to 242 and cut them out;
Select lines 226 to 231 and paste the cut lines to replace them.

Should fix the issue :)

Nope. Replaced the wrong lines is all. Fixed that up.
Now getting the following errors:
Code:
# mcs -sdk:4.5 -out:ServUO.exe -d:MONO -d:Framework_4_0 -d:ServUO -optimize+ -unsafe -r:System,System.Configuration.Install,System.Data,System.Drawing,System.EnterpriseServices,System.Management,System.Security,System.ServiceProcess,System.Web,System.Web.Services,System.Windows.Forms,System.Xml,OpenUO.Core.dll,OpenUO.Ultima.dll,OpenUO.Ultima.Windows.Forms.dll,SevenZipSharp.dll -nowarn:219,414 -recurse:Server/*.cs
error CS0006: Metadata file `OpenUO.Core.dll' could not be found
error CS0006: Metadata file `OpenUO.Ultima.dll' could not be found
error CS0006: Metadata file `OpenUO.Ultima.Windows.Forms.dll' could not be found
error CS0006: Metadata file `SevenZipSharp.dll' could not be found
Compilation failed: 4 error(s), 0 warnings

it looks like your compile command contains references to libraries that are no longer included, or part of ServUO.

Code:
# mcs -sdk:4.5 -out:ServUO.exe -d:MONO -d:NEWPARENT -d:NEWTIMERS -d:ServUO -optimize+ -unsafe -r:System,System.Configuration.Install,System.Data,System.Drawing,System.EnterpriseServices,System.Management,System.Security,System.ServiceProcess,System.Web,System.Web.Services,System.Windows.Forms,System.Xml,Ultima.dll -nowarn:219,414 -recurse:Server/*.cs

With that run...
Code:
# mcs -sdk:4.5 -out:ServUO.exe -d:MONO -d:NEWPARENT -d:NEWTIMERS -d:ServUO -optimize+ -unsafe -r:System,System.Configuration.Install,System.Data,System.Drawing,System.EnterpriseServices,System.Management,System.Security,System.ServiceProcess,System.Web,System.Web.Services,System.Windows.Forms,System.Xml,Ultima.dll -nowarn:219,414 -recurse:Server/*.cs
 error CS0006: Metadata file `Ultima.dll' could not be found

Ahh, you will have to upload Ultima.dll too.
You can compile your own using the first step of the Compile.[WIN|MONO].bat
Or by running this command: (untested)
Code:
# mcs -sdk:4.5 -out:Ultima.dll -optimize+ -unsafe -r:System,System.Configuration.Install,System.Data,System.Drawing,System.EnterpriseServices,System.Management,System.Security,System.ServiceProcess,System.Web,System.Web.Services,System.Windows.Forms,System.Xml -nowarn:219,414 -recurse:Ultima/*.cs

The command did not work. got error.

Code:
# mcs -sdk:4.5 -out:Ultima.dll -optimize+ -unsafe -r:System,System.Configuration.Install,System.Data,System.Drawing,System.EnterpriseServices,System.Management,System.Security,System.ServiceProcess,System.Web,System.Web.Services,System.Windows.Forms,System.Xml -nowarn:219,414 -recurse:Ultima/*.cs

error CS5001: Program `Ultima.dll' does not contain a static `Main' method suitable for an entry point
Any Ideas on how to fix this compilation?

Last edited:
Okay, ran the Batch file on Windows and made the DLL File. Now to start figuring out everything else to get this working for me :)

Code:
/home/ServUO# ls
Compile.MONO.bat  Data  master.zip  README.md  Server  ServUO.MONO.exe  ServUO.sln  Spawns  Ultima  Ultima.pdb  zlib32.dll
Compile.WIN.bat  LICENSE  Publish.txt  Scripts  ServUO.exe  ServUO.MONO.pdb  ServUO.sln.DotSettings  SpawnsOld  Ultima.dll  XmlQuestNPC  zlib64.dll

/home/ServUO/Server# ls
AggressorInfo.cs  ClientVersion.cs  Effects.cs  Guild.cs  Insensitive.cs  KeywordList.cs  Movement.cs  ObjectPropertyList.cs  Prompt.cs  ScriptCompiler.cs  Server.csproj  TileList.cs  VirtueInfo.cs
AssemblyInfo.cs  Commands.cs  EventLog.cs  Gumps  Interfaces.cs  Main.cs  MultiData.cs  Party.cs  QuestArrow.cs  Sector.cs  servuo.ico  TileMatrix.cs  World.cs
Attributes.cs  ContextMenus  EventSink.cs  HuePicker.cs  ItemBounds.cs  Map.cs  NativeReader.cs  Persistence  Race.cs  SecureTrade.cs  Skills.cs  TileMatrixPatch.cs
BaseVendor.cs  Customs Framework  ExpansionInfo.cs  IAccount.cs  Item.cs  Menus  Network  Point3DList.cs  Random.cs  Serial.cs  Targeting  Timer.cs
Body.cs  Diagnostics  Geometry.cs  IEntity.cs  Items  Mobile.cs  Notoriety.cs  Poison.cs  Region.cs  Serialization.cs  TileData.cs  Utility.cs

/home/ServUO/Ultima# ls
AnimationEdit.cs  Art.cs  Client.cs  Files.cs  Light.cs  MultiMap.cs  ProcessStream.cs  Skills.cs  StringEntry.cs  TileData.cs  TileMatrixPatch.cs  UnicodeFont.cs
Animations.cs  ASCIIFont.cs  ClientHandles.cs  Gumps.cs  LocationPointer.cs  Multis.cs  RadarCol.cs  Sound.cs  StringList.cs  TileList.cs  Ultima.csproj  Verdata.cs
Animdata.cs  CalibrationInfo.cs  FileIndex.cs  Hues.cs  Map.cs  NativeMethods.cs  SkillGroups.cs  SpeechList.cs  Textures.cs  TileMatrix.cs  Ultima.csproj.user  WindowProcessStream.cs

/home/ServUO/Data# ls
Assemblies.cfg  bodyTable.cfg  Common.map  containers.cfg  Guide  Locations  models.txt  Monsters  objects.xml  Regions.xml  signs.cfg  treasure.cfg
Binary  Bulk Orders  Components  Decoration  items.cfg  mobiles.cfg  Mondain's Legacy  names.xml  pageresponse.cfg  shrink.cfg  SpawnDefinitions.xml

Nothing that I can see is duplicated. Any other ideas?

Uhmm well I've noticed that when you tried to compile ultima.dll you had not set it to compile as library, so perhaps try adding :
-t:library

See if that helps. The only linux experience I get is from my raspberry pi so dunno if that will help.

new errors with adding in that -t:library.
Code:
# mcs -sdk:4.5 -out:ServUO.exe -d:MONO -d:Framework_4_0 -d:ServUO -optimize+ -unsafe -r:System,System.Configuration.Install,System.Data,System.Drawing,System.EnterpriseServices,System.Management,System.Security,System.ServiceProcess,System.Web,System.Web.Services,System.Windows.Forms,System.Xml -t:library -nowarn:219,414 -recurse:Server/*.cs
Server/Item.cs(1028,12): error CS0103: The name `Ultima' does not exist in the current context
Server/Item.cs(1042,4): error CS0103: The name `Ultima' does not exist in the current context
Server/TileMatrix.cs(442,36): warning CS0618: `System.IO.FileStream.Handle' is obsolete: `Use SafeFileHandle instead'
Server/TileMatrix.cs(529,31): warning CS0618: `System.IO.FileStream.Handle' is obsolete: `Use SafeFileHandle instead'
Server/TileMatrixPatch.cs(92,34): warning CS0618: `System.IO.FileStream.Handle' is obsolete: `Use SafeFileHandle instead'
Server/TileMatrixPatch.cs(166,35): warning CS0618: `System.IO.FileStream.Handle' is obsolete: `Use SafeFileHandle instead'
Compilation failed: 2 error(s), 4 warnings

The -t:library option is supposed to be used in the compile for Ultima.dll, not the ServUO.exe :)

Okay, ran the Batch file on Windows and made the DLL File. Now to start figuring out everything else to get this working for me :)

I follow your action to run Compile.WIN on Windows and make the Ultima.dll. Put the Ultima.dll to my Linux system in Servuo file and do
Code:

error occurs
Code:
error CS5001: Program `Ultima.dll' does not contain a static `Main' method suitable for an entry point
Please help me if anyone know how to fix this.Thanks.

The command needs to output as a library, so it needs this added:

-target:library

Otherwise, it defaults to output as an exe, which is why you get the missing Main method error.

The command needs to output as a library, so it needs this added:

-target:library

Otherwise, it defaults to output as an exe, which is why you get the missing Main method error.

Thanks a lot for your help.
I follow tutorials and type commands as below.

make ultima.dll
Code:
mcs -sdk:4.5 -out:Ultima.dll -optimize+ -unsafe -r:System,System.Configuration.Install,System.Data,System.Drawing,System.EnterpriseServices,System.Management,System.Security,System.ServiceProcess,System.Web,System.Web.Services,System.Windows.Forms,System.Xml -target:library -nowarn:219,414 -recurse:Ultima/*.cs

make ServUO.exe

mono ServUO.exe
errors as below

Code:
ServUO - [http://www.servuo.com] Version 0.5, Build 6018.27192
Publish
Core: Optimizing for 2 64-bit processors
Core: Unix environment detected
RandomImpl: SimpleRandom (Software)
Core: Loading config...
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...Failed with: 6 errors, 0 warnings
Errors:
+ Items/Consumables/BankCheck.cs:
    CS0115: Line 129: `Server.Items.BankCheck.OnAdded(Server.IEntity)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override
+ Items/Consumables/Gold.cs:
    CS0115: Line 52: `Server.Items.Gold.OnAdded(Server.IEntity)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override
+ Services/XmlSpawner/XMLSpawner Support/StaffCloak.cs:
    CS0115: Line 47: `Server.Items.StaffCloak.OnAdded(Server.IEntity)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override
    CS0115: Line 79: `Server.Items.StaffCloak.OnRemoved(Server.IEntity)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override
+ Services/XmlSpawner/XmlSpawner Core/XmlQuest/XmlQuestHolder.cs:
    CS0115: Line 507: `Server.Items.XmlQuestHolder.OnAdded(Server.IEntity)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override
+ Services/XmlSpawner/XmlSpawner Core/XmlQuest/XmlQuestToken.cs:
    CS0115: Line 560: `Server.Items.XmlQuestToken.OnAdded(Server.IEntity)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override
    CS0115: Line 94: `Server.Items.XmlQuestTokenPack.OnAdded(Server.IEntity)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override
+ Services/XmlSpawner/XmlSpawner Core/XmlQuest/XmlQuestBook.cs:
    CS0115: Line 182: `Server.Items.XmlQuestBook.OnAdded(Server.IEntity)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.

Please tell me what's wrong?
Thanks.

i have some compilation errors too. Maybe anyone can help. I am absolutely new in ServUO and came from RunUo.

Ultima.dll: (Position des Symbols für die vorherige Warnung)
Server\World.cs(255,62): warning CS0436: Der Typ 'CustomsFra
in 'c:\Users\psh\Desktop\ServUO-master\ServUO-master
Framework\Central Core\CustomSerial.cs' verursacht e
dem importierten Typ 'CustomsFramework.CustomSerial'
'c:\Users\psh\Desktop\ServUO-master\ServUO-master\Ul
'c:\Users\psh\Desktop\ServUO-master\ServUO-master\Se
Framework\Central Core\CustomSerial.cs' definierte T
Server\Customs Framework\Central Core\CustomSerial.cs(15,16)
Symbols für die vorherige Warnung)
Ultima.dll: (Position des Symbols für die vorherige Warnung)

I use Compile.MONO.bat on my Ubuntu System and it takes 2 - 4 minutes to compile.

Any suggestions ?
[doublepost=1474545734][/doublepost]
i have some compilation errors too. Maybe anyone can help. I am absolutely new in ServUO and came from RunUo.

I use Compile.MONO.bat on my Ubuntu System and it takes 2 - 4 minutes to compile.

Any suggestions ?

Well .... now i try to start ServUO.exe via mono an get some errors of those:
+ Services/High Seas/Mobiles/Charybdis.cs:
CS0433: Line 270: The imported type `Server.Point3DList' is defined multiple times
CS0433: Line 529: The imported type `Server.LandTile' is defined multiple times
+ Services/Pathing/Movement.cs:
CS0433: Line 129: The imported type `Server.Sector' is defined multiple times
+ Services/Revamped Dungeons/DespiseRevamped/DespiseController.cs:
CS0433: Line 594: The imported type `Server.OnEnterRegionEventArgs' is defined multiple times
+ Services/Toolbar/Gumps/ToolbarEdit.cs:
CS0433: Line 33: The imported type `Server.Gumps.TextRelay' is defined multiple times
+ Services/Virtues/Honesty.cs:
CS0433: Line 72: The imported type `Server.ItemCreatedEventArgs' is defined multiple times
CS0433: Line 88: The imported type `Server.ItemDeletedEventArgs' is defined multiple times
CS0433: Line 101: The imported type `Server.AfterWorldSaveEventArgs' is defined multiple times
+ Services/XmlSpawner/XmlSpawner Core/XmlQuest/XmlQuest.cs:
CS0433: Line 171: The imported type `Server.QuestGumpRequestArgs' is defined multiple times
+ Services/XmlSpawner/XmlSpawner Core/XmlSpawner2.cs:
CS0433: Line 291: The imported type `Server.TimerPriority' is defined multiple times
+ Services/TestCenter.cs:
CS0433: Line 653: The imported type `Server.Items.BankBox' is defined multiple times
+ Spells/Mysticism/MysticSpell.cs:
CS0433: Line 136: The imported type `Server.Targeting.TargetFlags' is defined multiple times
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Use the make command to compile the server.

Thank you Ravenwolfe - which please ? I've no idea :(
After the make command i get this:

+ Services/XmlSpawner/XmlSpawner Core/XmlSpawner2.cs:
CS0433: Line 291: The imported type `Server.TimerPriority' is defined multiple times
+ Services/XmlSpawner/XmlSpawner Core/XmlQuest/XmlQuest.cs:
CS0433: Line 171: The imported type `Server.QuestGumpRequestArgs' is defined multiple times
+ Spells/Mysticism/MysticSpell.cs:
CS0433: Line 136: The imported type `Server.Targeting.TargetFlags' is defined multiple times
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Sounds like you have some duplicate files. Look and see if you have the XmlSpawner system in there twice. ServUO comes with XmlSpawner already, so is it possible you added it somewhere else as well?

Xmlspawner is in Scripts/Services folder

Sounds like you have some duplicate files. Look and see if you have the XmlSpawner system in there twice. ServUO comes with XmlSpawner already, so is it possible you added it somewhere else as well?

Xmlspawner is in Scripts/Services folder

there is just one folder Xmlspawner. No duplicates.

Is it right that this tutorial here https://www.servuo.com/tutorials/getting-started-with-servuo.2/
is just for windows machines ?
I need one for Ubuntu.

No, that's just for windows, although the process is very similar.

Here is what I do in Ubuntu:

1. git clone the ServUO repository into a folder in my home directory.
2. copy my client files into another folder in my home directory.
3. edit the datapath.cfg file to correctly point to my client files directory.
4. go into the ServUO folder and type: make

That's all you should need to do to have the server startup.

grrr ... thanks. now it runs. Thank you :)

is there any tutorial for mapping (e.g. used software ... ) ?
i want to use my old map files or create a completly new map from scratch.
How difficult is it to build new ones in ServUO ?

..... and how can i remove a deed (house) ?

I don't do anything with custom mapping. You can replace the map files with older ones in your client directory, but for building new ones you need something like Centred+

I don't mess with that, so I wont be much help. I would search Centred+ or post a new topic for that.

Back