I'm not sure if this is the right place to post...I guess move me if it's not?

So, in short, certain houses on the server, are now refusing to be customized. It let us customize once, then started giving the message about there being a deeded item in the house that needed to be redeeded. I have no idea what has created this problem, or how to go about fixing it, and those I have working with me to fix bugs and script, are stumpted too.

Given that it has only happened on a few specific houses, I would rather walk a person through personally, myself or one of my staff members, if someone here wanted to take a look.

I can be contacted on Discord (wonderful voice and chat program if you've never used it before!) by searching for [email protected] or #2439

Our server info is:

PORT: 2593
Server: roclasmpy.no-ip.org

and a test account has been set up: (because it's not live yet, thus not set up for just anyone to make an account of their own just yet...)

Test
password

Last edited:
Oh! And I am on a night shift schedule, so if anyone contacts me during the day time, it might be a few hours before I see it and get back to you.

I'm assuming that there are no items in these customized houses that need to be redeeded then?
Have you added anything new to house customization or made any other changes to these houses (from the default settings)?

We've double and triple checked the containers and deeds. Everything has been picked up even if it didn't need to be, just to be safe. And several of us looked over the house and all items in it to make sure no one was missing anything.

But the odd thing, is in both instances and both houses, we were able to enter customize mode just fine, but only once. For myself, I was called away by small little people that insist on calling me mom. When I went back to finish what I had started, it gave me the message. But I hadn't placed anything new in the house. If there was a deed or container that was going to prevent me from customizing, it should have done so the first time.

That was also the case with the other house. And both houses had been fully built and decorated months ago, we just found reasons to change them and were making adjustments.

The only changes we've made to the server involving houses, was how many houses each account could hold. Beyond that, nothing new. And we are able to customize and adjust the houses that are right next to both of them....it's just something about that house...if so much work hadn't been put into them already, I'd be tempted to just delete them and redo it. And if it was just the one plot giving me an issue, I'd probably do that as well, but given that it's happened more than once, and I don't know the actual cause of the problem, I have no idea if this will happen again with other plots and other players.

Which brings me to my current quest to find answers hopefully!

Well that is indeed a quirky problem. It is possible that the house plot was placed on an invalid location (for example, if a staff person placed the plot). Here's something you can try, just as a test to see if the placement is the issue:

1. Command - AreaInterface
2. Look for HouseSign and click the arrow
3. Click Properties
4. Change Location (by X,Y,Z if you want) to a different area (i.e. as a staff person, use AreaInterface, move away at least one screen and use that as the new Location).

Any vendors in the house won't move with the HouseSign, just FYI. You'd have to move them manually.

We will try that out, though it's about to be time to get the little people ready for school, and then cater to my vampire night shift habits and sleep for the day, so after getting up I'll test that and be sure to let you know this evening!

Good call about the moving crates, that tends to be something most people forget. Regretfully, it was one of the first I checked, as that tends to be the same advice I give everyone else! GMTA! But I failed to remember to post about it.

I also tried changing it from public to private, and changing the foundation style to maybe reset it.

The command suggested didn't work, so either I am missing something on my server that allows that command to work, or maybe a set to get to that command option is missing? I copied and pasted and then tried every variation of retyping it I could think of, and my server just kept telling me that was an invalid command. :( (Of course if something is missing from my server...that could be the problem right there! Is that command supposed to work on all ServUo Servers?)

To my knowledge...AreaInterface is a default command. So, yes, it should be there. Are you using a ServUO repo for your shard, or something else?

I think Tass means

[area interface

Its two words :)

Technically, its a combination of two completely separate commands.

I logged on to your shard to help, but I'm daylight hours, so no staff was online and I wasn't even sure which house to look at.

I can take a look if you wanna create me an account, create a character and put him in front of the house with the issue. You can PM me the information for the account.

Yes, the other command worked! Glad to know it wasn't operator error! And makes me wonder if both commands would work for Tass?

And you have been created and placed in one of the problem houses Ravenwolfe, I think at this point I'm too tired to mess with it, as this is supposed to be bed time and I'm staying up all day. I sent you a message too.

And I followed the original directions...and it didn't work out, but that really could have been operator error. At this point I don't put it past me.

Thank you both so much for responding!

For posterity sake...

The issue was a well hidden elven wash basin. To find it, the command structure:

[area interface where baseaddoncontainer

Was used to locate the blocking item.

My guys are updating me on that now...and she hates those...I think there is a better chance of finding out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop, than figuring out how that ended up hidden there, and by hidden he means it's easier to find Waldo than that thing, because there were at least 4 of us who searched that house for two days before he came and helped and fixed!

Thank you again!

There is an interior deco tool which will move items out of the house -- the command for [area interface with basehouse is horrible not like it use to be where you could move the house by 1 in any direction. :)

Last edited:
Was this the issue with the other houses that couldn't be re-customized after the first time?
I'm guessing the "well-hidden" Elven wash basin was placed by an actual player and not a staff member?

I am pretty sure the problem with the second house is my castle deed, which it's not a problem to remove, customize to put the doors back like I want, and replace the deed.

But I will find out for sure later when I get back from dealing with schools and try it out.

In this case Milva, there was quite a bit of deco placed, and we were trying to avoid doing too much damage to what was done. The house owner is thankful that it was not required to drop the house and replace to fix it and sends her thanks! (we had feared having to do that....)

In fact Ravenwolfe, if you wanted to jump back in for a moment, you can see the fixed house and proper deco!

And again thank you so much to all of you for helping!

Back