Downlaod >>>http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/the-final-uo-version.533699/ point UO Architect to this client and your good to go :)

Good morning Milva,

I downloaded the 7.0.20.0 version and I am still continuing to get the same error. I made a picture of the error I am receiving because it is hard to explain the complete error. Also, when I was in britain trammel, I tried to wipe britain bank so I could place a new building, but the building didn't delete and only the content inside did. So, not sure why this program is being such a pain. :(

Attachments

• UO Architect error message.png
    UO Architect error message.png
    116.9 KB · Views: 10
You followed the tutorial which Hank posted to be sure all files are where they need to be? Have you tried to run the program as Administrator

You followed the tutorial which Hank posted to be sure all files are where they need to be? Have you tried to run the program as Administrator

Hello,

I followed the video tutorial and read the instruction and completed each step with Hank (as the video played). I have gone through the instructions and the video 3 more times to ensure I did everything properly. I tried both ways for running UO architect, administrator or normally I still end up with the same message I posted.

Just trying to think of any problem which might help to solve this for you, has to be very frustrating for sure :) Only one last question to ask-which I'm sure you have done
In the data folder have you added the below to your Assemblies script--if so @Hank maybe he would have an answer :)

• System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
        • OrbServerSDK.dll
      • UOArchitectInterface.dll

Just trying to think of any problem which might help to solve this for you, has to be very frustrating for sure :) Only one last question to ask-which I'm sure you have done
In the data folder have you added the below to your Assemblies script--if so @Hank maybe he would have an answer :)

• System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

• OrbServerSDK.dll
      • UOArchitectInterface.dll

I appreciate all the help, I really do! I did post them but not sure if the order is specific. This is how I have it set up.

Attachments

• UOar pic.png
    UOar pic.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 7
For runuo you have to put it in both Assemblies.cfg & Assemblies_4_0.cfg. Order doesn't matter I believe.

At what point is the Unhandled exception ('error') thrown?
An 'Unhandled exception' means that something is happening that the program wasn't coded to handle properly.

Did you try the install process on a clean copy of runuo 2.5? (guessing your using that based on your screenshot)
Are you using windows 7 or 8?

I tried to wipe britain bank so I could place a new building, but the building didn't delete and only the content inside did
That is because UOA doesn't work with the static (frozen) map. It works with items that can then be frozen to the map to become a static. ( [freeze / [unfreeze ). You can however 'export' statics from the map with UOA.
Centred+ can edit the static map if you wanted to wipe an area more efficiently.

Last edited:
For runuo you have to put it in both Assemblies.cfg & Assemblies_4_0.cfg. Order doesn't matter I believe.

At what point is the Unhandled exception ('error') thrown?
An 'Unhandled exception' means that something is happening that the program wasn't coded to handle properly.

Did you try the install process on a clean copy of runuo 2.5? (guessing your using that based on your screenshot)
Are you using windows 7 or 8?

That is because UOA doesn't work with the static (frozen) map. It works with items that can then be frozen to the map to become a static. ( [freeze / [unfreeze ). You can however 'export' statics from the map with UOA.
Centred+ can edit the static map if you wanted to wipe an area more efficiently.

Hello Hank,

I only have one assemblies folder, so I only place it in there. RunUo is pretty much freshly installed. I haven't altered or messed with anything other than installing NerunDistro spawner and now architect. I get the error every time I click "new design," "editor," or "preview." Placing designs that other individuals have developed appears to not be an issue. I am also running Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium.

For the other post, I will look into trying to change later tonight after I write a final exam. Is there any programs one needs to 'export' or just look on here for a guide on how to set it up?

I have posted a picture to show where I installed everything and placed it. Also, to show what is in the folders. If anything else is needed, let me know. Thank you as well for trying to help resolve this annoying issue!

Attachments

• Where it is installed.png
    Where it is installed.png
    86.9 KB · Views: 6
You may want to try creating Assemblies.cfg with the same information as Assemblies_4_0.cfg just to be thorough,. It may actually not even be needed for runuo 2.5 I know it was for runuo 2.3
Just covering bases but you placed the scripts in your scripts folder somewhere?

Also you may need to add a registry entry for UO for ultima.dll to detect your client files.
You may or will need to add UO information to your registry for everything to work.
I in no way take responsibility if you screw up your computer, windows or registry
Example:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0]
"Upgraded"="Yes"
"ExePath"="C:\\Games\\Electronic Arts\\UO\\client.exe"
"StartExePath"="C:\\Games\\Electronic Arts\\UO\\uo.exe"
"PatchExePath"="C:\\Games\\Electronic Arts\\UO\\uopatch.exe"
Just replace the path with the location of your UO install. (yes the double \\ are required)
This is saved to a txt file, then rename .txt to .reg and double click to merge it.
possibly for a registry file to take full effect you have to restart your computer or log off and log on.

If you don't have have a registry entry in "SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0" Then the Ultima.dll will not be able to detect that you have an installation of Ultima online on your computer.

If you can open RegEdit. go to Edit > Find (crtl + f ) and type in client.exe, make sure all the boxes are checked, except match whole string only. click find next. Then press F3 until you find a valid registry entry for an ultima online install. make note of all the locations you find one. If the place I listed above is not one of them. Then you'll need to make the reg file and merge it just like I describe.

Ultima.dll is old and does not recognize the new installation locations. From my testing it is not possible to swap it out with the newer openuo dlls.
Is there any programs one needs to 'export'
I don't exactly follow. You can export (extract) statics with UOA, creating a .uoa file, no additional programs are required for this to work.
There is a tab on the left side of the program called Extract.

Also Welcome to the ServUO community!
Feel free to ask questions if you continue to have trouble.

Last edited:
You may want to try creating Assemblies.cfg with the same information as Assemblies_4_0.cfg just to be thorough,. It may actually not even be needed for runuo 2.5 I know it was for runuo 2.3
Just covering bases but you placed the scripts in your scripts folder somewhere?

Also you may need to add a registry entry for UO for ultima.dll to detect your client files.
You may or will need to add UO information to your registry for everything to work.
I in no way take responsibility if you screw up your computer, windows or registry
Example:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0]
"Upgraded"="Yes"
"ExePath"="C:\\Games\\Electronic Arts\\UO\\client.exe"
"StartExePath"="C:\\Games\\Electronic Arts\\UO\\uo.exe"
"PatchExePath"="C:\\Games\\Electronic Arts\\UO\\uopatch.exe"
Just replace the path with the location of your UO install. (yes the double \\ are required)
This is saved to a txt file, then rename .txt to .reg and double click to merge it.
possibly for a registry file to take full effect you have to restart your computer or log off and log on.

If you don't have have a registry entry in "SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0" Then the Ultima.dll will not be able to detect that you have an installation of Ultima online on your computer.

If you can open RegEdit. go to Edit > Find (crtl + f ) and type in client.exe, make sure all the boxes are checked, except match whole string only. click find next. Then press F3 until you find a valid registry entry for an ultima online install. make note of all the locations you find one. If the place I listed above is not one of them. Then you'll need to make the reg file and merge it just like I describe.

Ultima.dll is old and does not recognize the new installation locations. From my testing it is not possible to swap it out with the newer openuo dlls.

I don't exactly follow. You can export (extract) statics with UOA, creating a .uoa file, no additional programs are required for this to work.
There is a tab on the left side of the program called Extract.

Also Welcome to the ServUO community!
Feel free to ask questions if you continue to have trouble.

Good evening Hank,

I think I am going to try and download a new version of RunUO2.5 and try to start everything over from scratch before I start messing with anything on the files because maybe I messed something up and didn't realize it since anything is possible. I am working this weekend and don't know if I will have time to do it or not but I will inform of how things went.

As for the export, sorry I was rushing to get to my final exam and wanted to make a post before I left. I was trying to figure out how to remove permanent buildings like west britain bank, for example. I will be completely honest I haven't done much research and haven't had time to do so. My attempt is to remove permanent buildings when I can figure out this UO architect.

Thanks again.

Back