Hello everyone! Played back in the 90s on Baja (before the tram split) back when it was color wars and not faction wars lol. Anyways when SWG came out after that I lost track of UO and played SWG all through the EMU periods. Have setup a couple servers using the old ZonamaDev, so I do have a little experience with it (even though that setup is cake, running a server teaches you stuff real fast lol). Came back to live UO recently and talk about nostalgia :) --- Then I found out that UO has had EMU projects like SWG for probably as long if not longer. I would like to look at setting up my own server for myself and a few friends as we are a little burned out on the SWG stuff. Before I get started digging through the net and this site, I wanted to see if there are any recent or updated writes ups already in existence that someone could point me to? Figured this is better than spending a week reading up on stuff and find out I was 3 clicks from write up LOL (had that experience in SWG early on).

Anyways nice to meet everyone, and thanks for any help you can point me to. Also, I have been watching the dev community for alot of years and I can promise you I will exhaust every avenue on the net, this site and even the bookstore before I post a question and when I do learn a decent amount, I will be glad to help out when and where I can in return.

Welcome to the community Devinous, if you're looking for a updated ServUO emulator, you can find that here.

If you're looking for projects that the community has created you can try reviewing Shard Advert portion of the forums or the ole ranking websites on the web (i.e. Shard Portal, UO Gateway, etc.), which can be miss-informed most of the time because of fake client connections/votes.

Currently, to my knowledge, most people are playing UO Outlands or UO Unchained in terms of population and PvE content that last you months but of course their are several other smaller private servers that I'm sure you an your friends could enjoy.

Lastly, spinning up your own ServUO to play with friends is fairly easy but is a learning curve in terms of editing the servers settings/code, but I will admit, the latest ServUO emu is pretty nice if you're just wanting to join the original game that you remember and spawn the entire world using [createworld command.

Hope this information was what you were looking for and again, welcome to the community sir!

Last edited:
Back