Hi guys,

I've been on and off playing with emulation UO server software since... oh I don't know, 2006? Last time was really active was back when I was running RunUO 2.3 back in 2011.

Well its 2022 now and I have ServUO and I got to say... it brings back old memories.

Problem is, i'm having issues figuring out how to transfer old RunUO scripts from RunUO 2.3 to ServUO. So many useful tools i've used back then that dont seem to work the way I want it, which is to say they dont work at all. :(

Also, what happened to [add militiafighter ? For the life of me, I cant find this script even in the old RunUO 2.3 files!

Anyway, i'm glad to be here and I hope to learn more. I found out you could use tools to edit the world now and completely re-do the map! This is exciting and I wish to learn more about it.

I'm sure i'm going to have a ton of questions for everyone, so I look forward to some great feedback.

Cant wait to get back into the world of UO!

Hello thisguy,
2006 -> 2022. Too many core changes.
If you are looking to host Pre-AoS era then I think a lot of people will recommend you to stick to the latest RunUO as there are too many changes to mechanics.

ServUO updates mainly tries to follow current retail UO~

Militiafighter was in AOS/Haven era, as per UO lore, Haven got rekt and is now invaded by spirits and bones. Residents have moved to the west and settled there.

With regards to map making, you'll have to use several tools to either generate and/or edit '.MUL' map files. With game client above a certain version 7.0.x.x the file format has changed from .MUL to .UOP, so you will need to use another tool to convert before using map editors.

Most of all tools mentioned should be available in the resources section of the forum. Good luck sir.

Very useful information, thank you very much.

I didn't realize it followed the lore. I haven't kept up with the game since AOS. Sucks because I would use those guys as part of my server to simulate battlefields with humans and orcs.

Very useful information, thank you very much.

I didn't realize it followed the lore. I haven't kept up with the game since AOS. Sucks because I would use those guys as part of my server to simulate battlefields with humans and orcs.
Hahaha that's okay~ I, too grew up playing T2A and Ren era.
Check out BaseCreature.cs and look into TribeType. Perhaps add Militias as a new type and have them and orcs oppose each other hahahah.

E.g.
Savages vs. Orcs
Terathan vs. Ophidians

Hahaha that's okay~ I, too grew up playing T2A and Ren era.
Check out BaseCreature.cs and look into TribeType. Perhaps add Militias as a new type and have them and orcs oppose each other hahahah.

E.g.
Savages vs. Orcs
Terathan vs. Ophidians
Oh man, i'll need to figure out how to mess with the basecreature.cs. Been a while since i've done anything with scripting.

Back