Hi. Since the server was updated from "Publish 55" to "Publish 57" the objects of the houses are not visible from the outside. They can only be seen once you enter the house. Is this due to some kind of optimization? can it be disabled? (make the objects visible all times).
Thanks

This is the behavior on the live server so that's what they're wanting to emulate here.

However, I was also considering removing that restriction on my server. I believe the deed is done in this part of HouseRegion.cs:

Code:
        public override bool CanSee(Mobile m, IEntity e)
        {
            Item item = e as Item;

if (m.PublicHouseContent && House.Public || House.IsInside(m) || ExcludeItem(item) || m.InHouseCanSee(item.RootParent))
                return true;

return false;
        }

and that by removing the if statement entirely and just having it return true, everything will be visible as it always was.

Code:
        public override bool CanSee(Mobile m, IEntity e)
        {
                return true;
        }

I haven't tried that edit yet but it's certainly in the right direction if not the fix!

My client is 7.0.75.35 and I don't have that option. Maybe later clients?

I know it was something added to the live UO to cut down on lag in Luna and other congested areas. If I'm lucky enough to have that problem when the shard is live I'll re-visit it but right now I can confirm that the above edit does make the contents of private houses visible to everyone.

Thanks Falkor! It is just what I wanted. I'm going to try setting it as a parameter in "Housing.cfg" and uploading it as a pull request.

Back