I tried getting my server going and its encountering an error. I pasted the error below:

Compile Ultima SDK

Press any key to continue . . .
Could Not Find C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\ServUO-56.1\Ultima.dll

C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\ServUO-56.1>"C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\ServUO-56.1\bin\roslyn\csc.exe" /r:"C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\ServUO-56.1\Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform.dll" /target:library /out:"C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\ServUO-56.1\Ultima.dll" /recurse:"C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\ServUO-56.1\Ultima\*.cs" /d:ServUO /d:NEWTIMERS /d:DEBUG /nowarn:0618 /debug /nologo /unsafe
error CS2012: Cannot open 'C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\ServUO-56.1\Ultima.dll' for writing -- 'Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\ServUO-56.1\Ultima.dll' is denied.'

Done!

Press any key to continue . . .

I have it in my C drive, program files... Any ideas?

Windows makes it a PITA for programs to access Program Files. You need a set of files that only the server will access anyway (like if you play the game on the same PC) to prevent access errors. Copy your UO client to another folder on the root of the drive (like C:\UOServerClient)

Then find the file datapath.cfg in the \Config folder of ServUO

Edit it to point to the folder you just copied to, for example:

Code:
# Uncomment this line and set it to the path of the client files to set a
# custom data path. Otherwise ServUO will look for the client in the default
# Windows installation directories. Note that this is *required* when running
# on non-Windows systems.
CustomPath=C:\UOServerClient
Post automatically merged:

Oh -- looks like my reply sucks! All you actually need is Ultima.dll

Attachments

• UltimaDll.zip
    64 KB · Views: 10
Well it was going to compile the UltimaDll but it has no access to the path, so the first post you had was the correct answer ^^ or like run it as administrator

Back