How come there is only 2 maps to spawn in? Trammel and Ter Mur? I know there are more maps than this. Wanted to create a necro and spawn him in Umbra but cant cause can only spawn in on 2 maps? Any advice and/or help will be appreciated? TYIA

yeah but i cant select those maps when i create a character to spawn. I am only allowed to select trammel and tel mur

That is clientsided, an option could be to create a starting room where you can choose where you want to start, if you need more choices.
To set a default starting location, simply edit it in CharacterCreation.cs, under GetStartLocation, simply return a specific location, comment the rest of the function.

I have similar problem, but in reverse. I have my server limited to AoS, so no Ter Mer, but it still lets new players start there!

I looked in my CharacterCreation.cs, but I don't see a GetStartLocation section. I see this:

private static readonly CityInfo m_NewHavenInfo = new CityInfo(
"New Haven",
"The Bountiful Harvest Inn",
Map.Trammel);
private static readonly CityInfo m_SiegeInfo = new CityInfo(
"Britain",
"The Wayfarer's Inn",
Map.Felucca);

Nothing about Ter Mer in here, yet new players can choose to spawn there, despite that expansion being disabled...

You can't prevent the client from offering them choices of the cities that were valid in that client's era. It doesn't mean they will start there; just that they can choose it during character creation.

You can't prevent the client from offering them choices of the cities that were valid in that client's era. It doesn't mean they will start there; just that they can choose it during character creation.
That wouldn't be a problem, but it is actually letting them start there. To speed things up, I have disabled all the spawns in lands not in use, so they appear in an empty gargoyle city.

Ahh, then override the setting a little further down in CharacterCreation.cs.

You could try commenting out this line:
Code:
var city = args.City;

so it uses the default instead of what the player chose during creation, or you can replace it with something like:
Code:
var city = new CityInfo( "Britain", "Sweet Dreams Inn", 1496, 1628, 10, Map.Trammel);

and specify any starting location you want.

Back