zerodowned

Double check where the company processes and ships custom orders from.

I didnt even consider it and now might have some individual risking their life in china.

So, that makes me feel shitty.

Still waiting to see if they can cancel it.

On another note anyone have experience with how long it can take customs to clear a laptop?

OR you could get the virus because they still do not know how it spreads. if those sick folks are making them mother boards and happen to caugh on it that virus will travel.... good luck.

They usually clear customs in just a couple days (assuming your in the US). On very rare occasions customs might flag a shipment and it can take up to a month, but that's very rare. I've had it happen twice out of many thousands of orders.

OR you could get the virus because they still do not know how it spreads. if those sick folks are making them mother boards and happen to caugh on it that virus will travel.... good luck.
i had thought of that.
searching has a variety of answers but tends to agree that viruses can only live a week outside of a biological host. unless its in a moist area.
being that the laptop shouldnt be moist, i think its safe. but if i get it and keep it im not opening that sucker for an extra week to be "paranoid-ed-ly" safe.

They usually clear customs in just a couple days (assuming your in the US). On very rare occasions customs might flag a shipment and it can take up to a month, but that's very rare. I've had it happen twice out of many thousands of orders.
thats about what i expected. and yes im in the US

Back