I was wondering if its possible to convert the current planting system a little. Basically what I'm looking to do is to create a gardening BOD system or quest so that players can do something with the hoard of plants they grow. We have quite a few people on our server who enjoy planting, and we have added in custom plants they can grow. The issue I am running into is that the finished grown plants are not a typeof, which is what its looking for for the baseline quests i'm comparing it to (was looking in particular at the professional fisher quest) and had a bod system written for this but i cant get the type to cast to the bod because of this. Is there a potential way i could convert the plants that grow to just 'create' a new item when they're finished growing and you click to put them into decorative and delete the old one? That way the new final grown stages of plants are a type.

From the small planting bulk entry file:

Code:
f (split.Length >= 2)
                            {
                                Type type = ScriptCompiler.FindTypeByName(split[0]);
                                int graphic = Utility.ToInt32(split[split.Length - 1]);

if (type != null && graphic > 0)
                                    list.Add(new SmallPlantingBulkEntry(type, type.Name, graphic));

https://www.servuo.com/threads/full-servuo-server-land-of-archon.9003/
this server has a great harvest system in it. You can plant reagents, trees ect.. that are all harvestable on timers. The plants start as seeds and the trees as saplings that mature and then you can harvest fruit from them. If nothing else you could use them as a template and change item id's ect to what suits your specific needs. Like the apple tree
Apple fruit = new Apple( (int)Utility.Random( 13 ) + m_yield );
from.AddToBackpack( fruit );
I am sure you could change new Apple to something else that is a typeof...

Back