Hi there!, im trying to setup a custom map, its from an older version of the game, i been reading arround the forum, found out that maps have different scale between new and old clients, if i want to convert the map, wich is the best way to do it? Tried with UOfiddler, exporting original map, then scaling with gimp, but i get the same result, blacktiles arround everything. I guess i need to know how to also change statics to the current map scale, but im a bit lost.

All help apreciated.

If you want to use an already completed old map and statics, just somewhere in the scripts to overwrite the map size. there is no need to work directly with the map and statics. If you want to convert an old map to a new size format, you have to work with a program that copies both the map and the statics. For example, use centered or radmapcopy.

If you want to use an already completed old map and statics, just somewhere in the scripts to overwrite the map size. there is no need to work directly with the map and statics. If you want to convert an old map to a new size format, you have to work with a program that copies both the map and the statics. For example, use centered or radmapcopy.
So i can use that program, and then just put the size of the actual maps? it will just overwrite and keep the old map?

After digging arround, you can do this with Fiddler, what i was doing wrong was edditing map, and then port old map statics in to the folder, actually theres no need since statics are on the map already. Thread can be closed.

A new server born today.

It's not that simple. A map is a map, and a structural engineer is another thing. The map is the terrain, the basis for walking and the location of dynamic and static objects. Imagine a map like paper on a table. And you put a glass on that paper, or you have a computer on it. And so on. This is a dynamic and static object. The base is the paper (map) on the table. Statics files contain information about static objects, dynamic objects are stored in the save emulator. The map does not carry any objects. They are terrain textures.
And all of this can be done well with programs. You can copy the entire map, the whole statics, for example, using centered or radmapcopy from the map to another map. Or you can paint your map in adobe photoshop and generate it on the uo landscaper.
Uo Fiddler I would probably not to modify the map and statics. I do not think it is designed and suitable. That's a better mulpatcher.

It's not that simple. A map is a map, and a structural engineer is another thing. The map is the terrain, the basis for walking and the location of dynamic and static objects. Imagine a map like paper on a table. And you put a glass on that paper, or you have a computer on it. And so on. This is a dynamic and static object. The base is the paper (map) on the table. Statics files contain information about static objects, dynamic objects are stored in the save emulator. The map does not carry any objects. They are terrain textures.
And all of this can be done well with programs. You can copy the entire map, the whole statics, for example, using centered or radmapcopy from the map to another map. Or you can paint your map in adobe photoshop and generate it on the uo landscaper.
Uo Fiddler I would probably not to modify the map and statics. I do not think it is designed and suitable. That's a better mulpatcher.

UOFiddler has an option to port maps, with statics too.Saw a couple of statics wrong, that's maybe what youre refering to?

Ultima live lets you use more than 6 maps. If it works for your server, you can always add that map and adapt scripts to that map (very tedious) but positive in the long run

I did not try to use UO Fiddler to work with map and statics. It never occurred to me, because there are basically better programs than UO Fiddler. To Ultima Live, here one must have knowledge of ultima how it works. And how to build the world. In the UO live it is formed, as I was wondering, a little differently, is it so sahisahi? I tested one card map that ultima live uses. They have it built differently. For example, a field that has clay does not build directly into the map and statics, but uses UO live. How it works I have not examined. I know I won't use it because I'm working with sphereserv.

Back