ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
The Second Age
I used this article to setup my my install, but I used `pub57` for the branch instead of `master`..

So I'm "assuming" when it's time to check for updates, I replace `master` by `pub57` ?

Ok "assuming" brought me into the FailArmy.. also, I tried using these exact instructions and I got.. .. .. too many conflicts.. :p

so any guidance is welcome!

-Thanks!

Not sure what you did, sounds like you are trying to merge 57 into 58 and that is not possible, there were major changes between 57 & 58!

Not sure what you did, sounds like you are trying to merge 57 into 58 and that is not possible, there were major changes between 57 & 58!

Oh I did bad.. I "assumed" PouwAhAhAhAhAhahAhAhA!

What I want to do is update pub57 code, then merge it with my custom branch.

A little bit of history..

• First I followed the article to create the fork,

• then the custom branch to develop, BUT I used pub57 to create the branch, not master, because this is the one we needed to create the era we wanted.

• Then, after a couple of commits by ServUO, I "assumed" it was a good idea updating ServUO code.

• I followed the steps under Updating ServUO Code in the article.

• It I started a merge of the master branch with my pub57 custom branch.. I really love that git has this command to cancel a fail like that!!

---

So now I wonder if I use the same step by step to update ServUO code, but I change 'master' for 'pub57' will it update the pub57 branch, so I can merge it with my custom branch? if not, how can I stay up to date with what's changing in pub57?

-Thanks!

There is a Release for 57, use that and create your own git for it, there will be no more updates from ServUO for 57, so to have a branch doesn't work as what is hosted is 58 and 58 will be updated and/or released like 57 as soon as Vorspire feels it is ready! This is my understanding and I could be wrong but by my own experiences this is how it is atm!

1680290076714.png

P57 won't get any more updates unless they're critical.
P58 is the current development branch that will be merged in to the master branch in the future.

If your custom shard code is based on P57, download a fresh copy of P57 separately, and use a tool like WinMerge to compare the root directories; then curate each file difference to merge changes to your custom shard code.

If you want to update to P58, I'd recommend downloading a fresh P58 copy, then using that as the base to merge your custom shard code into.

P57 won't get any more updates unless they're critical.
P58 is the current development branch that will be merged in to the master branch in the future.

If your custom shard code is based on P57, download a fresh copy of P57 separately, and use a tool like WinMerge to compare the root directories; then curate each file difference to merge changes to your custom shard code.

If you want to update to P58, I'd recommend downloading a fresh P58 copy, then using that as the base to merge your custom shard code into.

I'm running on T2A era, so I was told I needed to use pub57. I'm not sure merging with another branch and keep the era is possible. If yes, please let me know!

Critical updates for P57 are my worries. Thanks for letting me know it is still looked at and how to!!
There is a Release for 57, use that and create your own git for it, there will be no more updates from ServUO for 57, so to have a branch doesn't work as what is hosted is 58 and 58 will be updated and/or released like 57 as soon as Vorspire feels it is ready! This is my understanding and I could be wrong but by my own experiences this is how it is atm!

View attachment 21632
your understanding makes incredible sens, that makes me understand I'm running the "XP" of ServUO.

Thanks for this important details I did not really know about (and I should have cared a bit more on day 1)

Back