Very nice, thank you! I had been planning on creating something like this again for the current server I'm building, just saved me the time and effort. :D Greatly appreciated!

**Edit**
My original quest markers from 10+ years ago were just text above the NPC's head using the ASCII font and it didn't bounce like this which is why I planned on creating a different form of quest markers like yours. So much to do already though it kept getting pushed back, so thank you again!

Last edited:
How to display this icon above the NPC?
Currently these are just art. If you place the item under the same tile an npc is standing it should be above there head. If you are wanting to implement this into your server for actual functionality you’d need someone to code it in.

It turns out that you place icons at fixed positions... I think icons follow npcs. I'm really curious about how to write this code

My server has implemented this simple function many years ago. I also want to know how NPC tasks change the icon shape before and after receiving tasks,If you can't change the icon before and after the task, can you bind the icon with NPC? When NPC walks, the icon follows NPC's body?
I made this eight years ago.

Attachments

• ItemIcon.bmp
    64.1 KB · Views: 18
My server has implemented this simple function many years ago. I also want to know how NPC tasks change the icon shape before and after receiving tasks,If you can't change the icon before and after the task, can you bind the icon with NPC? When NPC walks, the icon follows NPC's body?
I made this eight years ago.
I’m sure there is a way to make them follow the char above head and change based on status of the quest etc but unfortunately I’m not a coder :/

Back