I have been looking through otimpyre's list of body values and trying a few to see how they work. Most of the values under 1000 work fine, with the exception of the gremlin and goblin (maybe a few others I missed). They show up in game, but many of the animations, including the combat animations, do not work. The same is true for:

1068 Oseridan The Scalis Enforcer​
1069 Ancient Hellhound​
1070 Werewolf​

They show up in game, and function, but the combat animations, and others, do not work. Anything after these does not show up at all, as I am using using UO client 7.0.10.3 (patch 33). I am using RunUO 2.3, have added a lot of custom stuff, am happy with mul files, and really do not want to update to a new client or anything. Is there a way to get these animations to work?

Thanks in advance for any help!

It's been my experience that when animations are incomplete, it means they weren't being used in that client version yet and were more of a placeholder for future clients.

You could insert the missing frames by extracting them from a newer client and placing them into yours frame by frame. I see that UO Fiddler will do it but it looks complicated -- more than I've attempted in the past. I have inserted whole animations at once (using a program I can't remember the name of) but I've never attempted a frame-by-frame edit.

To make it worse, my Fiddler doesn't want to show animations higher than 1000 even after it auto-detects their presence.

Thanks! I feared that might be the case. I have tried some frame by frame editing with Fiddler, but did not have any luck. Yes, these particular graphics doe not show up on Fiddler.

Thanks for the help!

I think in the case of the ancient hellhound, it was meant to be an ethereal so there is no animation for combat. That might apply to others too, one that comes to mind is the serpentine dragon.

Many thanks! Just out of curiosity, is there a way to view these animations? They do not show up in Fiddler at all.

Thanks again!

I do it by setting myself to that bodyvalue. Be sure to pull your own health bar so you can target it if you choose an invalid value and disappear completely, you can set yourself back to 400!

Thanks! What I have tried thus far is creating several test mobs and setting their ItemIDs to the ItemIDs of the new mobs. This works, though I thought perhaps there might be a way to simply view them.

Back