What is the Policy on bringing back to the comunnity old long forgotten or atleast not recently posted script packages, like the Battle Chess and Skull Ball games that where once upon a time on RunUO?

I was told that we are allowed to post old runuo scripts/packages but if the author or updater requests it be taken down then the admins/mods have no other choice then to remove it. Also if they want to be the uploader of the archive resource than it is changed so they are the uploader .

I'd also strongly advise that if you do plan on uploading someone else work that you give them and anyone else who assisted in the creation or updates credit for their work. Best option would be to place their name at the top, linked to their runuo profile page. I personally even add a source link to the bottom of the resource as there is often useful thread information about the resource coming from the runuo community. Here is an example

Battle Chess is already in the archives. http://www.servuo.com/archive/arya-battle-chess-publish-54-complete.9/ It has quite an extensive Discussion thread also,..
Which brings up another good point. Use the search feature before you upload a resource or post a thread. Please.
I was told it is alright if you give the original Author and any Updater's Credit for the script.
But if the author or updater of the script(s) want it taken down the mods and admins will have no other choice but to remove the resource.

Last edited:
Oops ya I would have searched for it to be sure lol was just an example ;) But ya obviously id give credit where credit is due, I just wanted to be sure that its not against the rules altogether.

Servuo is a very community oriented and driven project. We all count on members who are willing to go above and beyond.
Preserving lost or forgotten scripts is an excellent way to help. There is much that many of us can learn from in these forgotten scripts/packages.

I know one thing is for sure, some of the things i've had added to my server are ancient some as far back as 04 when i joined. Im going to be readding everything I can to my server. I think a lot of it though isn't going to be plug and play, but hope a lot of it will help.

Back