ServUO Version
Publish Unknown
Ultima Expansion
None
Good day all!
As you may know, iwe've been running the niche server ultima adventures (distrod here), and macroing is 100% allowed. players use classicassist mostly and we've noticed that scripts slow the server considerably for all players when certain delays are under a second, and some other functions are used. I posted in the classicassist discord and they indicated that classicassist will flood the server if the server has no protection against that.

I was wondering if servuo has such a feature, and where it might be located? ultima adventures runs on runuo2.2 but i don't mind doing some creative merging and learning some in the process. just need to know where to look and what to look for.

Any help appreciated!

There is a packet throttling API in RunUO that you can use; it's not used by many things.
One notable implementation is the PlayerMobile fast-walk prevention.

thanks... did a merge compare of the UA server (core) scripts with runuo 2.6 and there are many diferences. I assume here the runuo 2.2 we use doesnt have something that causes this issue to happen, since it doesn't seem to be a wider issue for later runuos and servuo

I've seen this happen on newer ServUO repo shards as well, typically the way they've fixed it was to implement something like a timer in the command being called. I've seen it happen when people spam the "loot" command and the shard I was on put a delay of 2 secs into the command so it couldn't be called again for that time.

I think the players are willing to pitch in some money if someone if willing to tackle this issue, we've pinpointed it to classic assist macros

Back