No server crash,
Upon boot up of the emulator, it acts like it's a fresh install.
Get a lot of "warnings" about add-ons (i have NOT touched the codes for these)
Any ideas?

I doubt this is a bug, more info have you created an owner account with loading servuo? If so you save and shut down the server?

It sounds to me like a combination of two different scares we had.

The ServUO.exe must be in the same directory/folder with the folders it needs to operate. One of these is "Saves". If a complete server save (including the all important "Accounts" file) is not in there, you will get the prompt to make an owner account. If this happens, stop the server immediately, saving nothing, and go find your latest valid save to copy into the proper "Saves" folder. BTW, make sure that your "server sitter" isn't using a desktop shortcut (pointing to the wrong files, of course) to start the server. Make sure that they go into the actual folder to double click the right file every time. Put it in a checklist.
BTW, not saying you did this, but if any files with the same names as "Saves" files are allowed to trash up your Server Master folder, the server gets confused and won't save properly.

The other problem is similar. The "Scripts" folder is missing some scripts for items listed in the "Items" file in the "Items" folder in the "Saves" folder, probably addons that the decoration staff has genned, but been slow in getting the scripts to the "server sitter" and other technical staff.

Whatever you do, make darned certain that you keep multiple valid current "Saves" copies (and copies of everything else) in multiple locations to use when something like this occurs. We send our saves, new scripts, and client patches to multiple locations via email daily, and synchronize our Development and Test servers with Production daily as well. The Foulup Fairy tends to stay away if she sees you're ready for her. :D

Last edited:
Yes, i had created the owner account (3 or 4 times now) & saved before shutting the server down.
I found that i can pull the accounts from back up but all the characters are gone, it only saves the account/PW.

If, in your AutoSave.cfg, Enabled=True, as it should be, and you always terminate the server with [shutdown (from in-game), or shutdown (from console), forcing a save, then I suspect that something is amiss in your ServUO-Master folder.

Of course, there are some other ways to choke ServUO servers.. What client level and expansion setting are you running with?

If you download a fresh copy of ServUO, right now, and fire it up the Saves folder and what is inside is not deleting.

You should honestly probably start over. Make sure to consistently document any and all changes you make. It will make your life easier when trying to figure out where it all went wrong.

Also a screen shot of the errors you are getting would help.

It's not throwing errors. Everything compiles (there are a lot of 'warnings' on "add-ons") It just acts like it's a fresh install meaning all in-game (manual changes done on the GM char ie-building walls) changes are gone, all characters are gone, and i have to copy the accounts from a backup. I downloaded the emulator less than 2 weeks ago from git-hub.
It has been working `today`but i'll see if this issue persists.
Thanks all for the replies.

If it's running right now, copy and paste your Saves folder to another folder as a backup. We've been having more trouble with this at one location, and I instituted a work-around of starting with the last hot save on restarts (was busy on Team Viewer today..... :rolleyes:), while I troubleshoot.

I'm not totally convinced that this isn't a bug. The servers on Win 7 are working, the Win 10's are giving me mischief keeping them running.

Yes. Windows 10
Thankfully, it's not done it lately but for a few days it did it a lot.
I think i made a 'completely out of serv-uo' file folder and put saves in there, then, when the server did this shit, pulled them from there. Haven't had it happen sinse then.

Just to Chime in on this (yes I'm still alive) I've had this happen on a Windows 7 box as well, i doubt this based on the OS.

Back