Hey guys, I really didn't want my first real post here to be a cry for help lol, but I'm stuck. Every time I attempt to do a global spawn world creation (using default [createworld, using AccurateSpawner, or even Nerun's distro) I get a few seconds into it and the server crashes/restarts.

The only thing I've managed to get working is the very first 4.x.x.x Nerun's for ServUO. That actually goes all the way and completes. Problem is, I need ML material+. Below is my crash log. My Registry keys seem to be in order, and it is a fresh install of both ServUO and UO client ver 7.0.15.1 (I've also tried with clean vers of 5.0.6c and 6.0.

Any help would be SUPER appreciated. I've searched high and low for the past couple hours. Peace all.

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 0.5, Build 5734.37148
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.42000
Time: 9/14/2015 2:06:47 AM
Mobiles: 28
Items: 83494
Exception:
System.Exception: Bad type: Server.Items.MoonglowDonationBox ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Ultima.Art' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'E:\UOHS\artidx.mul' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Ultima.FileIndex..ctor(String idxFile, String mulFile, String uopFile, Int32 length, Int32 file, String uopEntryExtension, Int32 idxLength, Boolean hasExtra) in e:\ServUO-master\Ultima\FileIndex.cs:line 340
at Ultima.Art..cctor() in e:\ServUO-master\Ultima\Art.cs:line 15
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Ultima.Art.Measure(Bitmap bmp, Int32& xMin, Int32& yMin, Int32& xMax, Int32& yMax)
at Server.CollectionItem..ctor(Type type, Int32 itemID, Int32 tooltip, Int32 hue, Double points)
at Server.Items.MoonglowDonationBox.Init()
at Server.Items.MoonglowDonationBox..ctor()
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
at Server.Commands.DecorationList.Construct()
at Server.Commands.DecorationList.Construct()
at Server.Commands.DecorationList.Generate(Map[] maps)
at Server.Commands.Decorate.Generate(String folder, Map[] maps)
at Server.MondainsLegacy.DecorateML_OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e)
at Server.Commands.CommandSystem.Handle(Mobile from, String text, MessageType type) in e:\ServUO-master\Server\Commands.cs:line 265
at Server.Gumps.CreateWorldGump.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc) in e:\ServUO-master\Server\Network\PacketHandlers.cs:line 1409
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns) in e:\ServUO-master\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 187
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice() in e:\ServUO-master\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 115
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in e:\ServUO-master\Server\Main.cs:line 573

Have you checked the datapath just to be sure it's set correct? Also did you plan to use client ver 7.0.15.1-- as the latest client version would be about 7.0.45.65

Have you checked the datapath just to be sure it's set correct? Also did you plan to use client ver 7.0.15.1-- as the latest client version would be about 7.0.45.65

Thanks for your response. Still trying to get this sorted out. I think it's something to do with me installing several different clients over the last year or so. Datapath looks correct.

What are the benefits of using the newest client you mentioned? (7.0.45.65) Content features or compatibility? Or both?

ok.. so... yes.. using the latest client version 7.0.45.7x fixed this issue. I have always used older client versions with UO emulation with great success, so I didn't even think about that. Thank you! :)

Back