Problem in title. When I boot up ServUO, the moment it starts reticulating splines ("[Honesty]: Felucca - Reticulating Splines...") I jump to 100% cpu usage and it doesn't stop until I close it. This does not seem to effect solo gameplay at all.

I can list all my specs and everything, but it is a $3000, brand new computer with plenty of everything. I feel like this is newb server admin user error and there is probably a simple solution somewhere I couldn't find. Anyone got an easy answer for this nub? Thank you!

thats the honesty system "reticulating splines ("[Honesty]: Felucca - Reticulating Splines...")"

what it does it recalculates all the possible spawn positions for the items on boot. When that is done it, it will not have any kind of impact on your servers end

thats the honesty system "reticulating splines ("[Honesty]: Felucca - Reticulating Splines...")"

what it does it recalculates all the possible spawn positions for the items on boot. When that is done it, it will not have any kind of impact on your servers end
This is correct. I should have made it more clear. After it is done with this reticulation and is running, Servuo stays at 100% cpu usage until I close it.

Well that is indeed an issue!

Any idea why that would happen? @Voxpire

In the mean time @Shawarma what are the specs of your PC?

Also go to your Config folder, find Honesty.cfg, open it, and set it from True to false. I keep it off on my shard too.

It will burn 100% CPU until it finished its task. It takes about 12 seconds on a dedicated 4-core server to complete.

Well that is indeed an issue!

Any idea why that would happen? @Voxpire

In the mean time @Shawarma what are the specs of your PC?

Also go to your Config folder, find Honesty.cfg, open it, and set it from True to false. I keep it off on my shard too.
I will try this when I get home from work tonight. Luckily it is a minimum school day.
[doublepost=1524266568][/doublepost]
You win! I finished parent teacher conferences AND and I am now running the server and playing at 7-14% cpu. It's going to be a good weekend. Thanks a lot!

Back