At it again my friends!

I had this bright idea to add a new poison to the game. Sadly, my limited knowledge has left me stranded, not sure what I'm missing or if this just can't be done.

I've modified

scripts\custom\poisonofgod.cs
\server\poison.cs
\scripts\misc\poison.cs

When I start up, I get this:

1603235837639.png

Attachments

• server_Poison.cs
    3.2 KB · Views: 7
  • PoisonOfGod.cs
    1.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Poison.cs
    12.8 KB · Views: 2
read the error message. says theres a reference to "Samael" that isn't found on your server. try removing the reference? or get the script that contains "Samael"?

Did you recompile the server? Not just restarted?

To me it looks like you didnt recompile, therefor it can not see your change to Server/Poison.cs

Did you recompile the server? Not just restarted?

To me it looks like you didnt recompile, therefor it can not see your change to Server/Poison.cs

I tried to run the Compile.WIN.bat and now the .exe for ServUO is gone :'(
Post automatically merged:

Lots of errors during recomplie too

1603282612024.png

Last edited:
Why is like BaseVendor in your Server folder anyway? Did you move a lot of stuff over to the Server folder?

normally not, no. Since it cant find / access things that are created / accessed later in the scripts folder

No my bad, am a little tired I guess.

There are 2 files named BaseVendor.
The on in the Server folder.

The one in the Serverfolder should have BuyItemResponse as a class inside though

you should make a backup of the current one in the scripts folder, so you can compare them later. But yes besides that, thats what you should do

I will give that a swing and circle back. Thank you sir!

That seemed to compile. I'll test stuff out. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

world boots ok! yay!

Now, 2 small problems and I'm sure I've over looked something or am unaware of a file that needs to be updated. Any ideas?

#1 - The new poison potion reads as "baked peach cobbler"
1603319997993.png

#2 - The message displayed is goofy
1603320027084.png

Last edited:
Well this is an cliloc thing.
The one in number two? tbh not sure why it shows you ~1_Player_Name. Did you change something?
this is in Mobile.cs line 9226 on my end.

For your Poison you want to check it first with an if. If it is your poison, then send your text message and not a cliloc id

C#:
        public virtual void OnPoisoned(Mobile from, Poison poison, Poison oldPoison)
        {
            if (poison != null)
            {
                LocalOverheadMessage(MessageType.Regular, 0x21, 1042857 + (poison.RealLevel * 2));
                NonlocalOverheadMessage(MessageType.Regular, 0x21, 1042858 + (poison.RealLevel * 2), Name);
            }
        }

for the poison potion you would want to set the name, or better the default name.
Also set the LabelNumber down to -1;

and finally in BaseWeapon you will find this.

list.Add(m_Poison.LabelNumber, m_PoisonCharges.ToString());

again here you need an if check and not send a label but a text / string

Will I need to recompile after editing the mobile.cs in \server?

tbh not sure why it shows you ~1_Player_Name. Did you change something? Not that I'm aware of, all the base game poisons seem to work OK with proper message

NVM that its because it is the Poisons RealLevel 5, wich puts it to that cliloc wich isnt ment for that spot.

So yes just change that in mobile, with an if, recompile and it should be fine

Back