*** Credit goes to Neb from OSGRID *** http://forums.osgrid.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4625
Some of this is for building from scratch for OpenSim, and the rest is the steps taken to finish configuring ServUO

I was hoping to have this to be entirely completed, alas I still have a couple of errors left. Any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated! If someone can help me fill in a few blanks it would help other new shard creators as well.

1) Clean install Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x64
1a) ssh only no other packages
2) Login
3) sudo -i
4) apt-get update
5) apt-get dist-upgrade
6) reboot
7) login again - sudo -i
8) apt-get install libpng3 libpng3-dev libtool libtiff4 libtiff4-dev libexif12 libexif-dev libgif4 libgif-dev libpango1.0-dev libatk1.0-dev libgtk-3-0 libgtk-3-dev bison automake autoconf make gcc gtk-sharp2 build-essential xorg-dev libfreetype6 libfontconfig libfontconfig-dev gettext libglib2.0-dev git mono-complete libjpeg-dev libjpeg8-dev libjpeg-turbo8-dev
9) cd /root
10)mkdir install
11)cd install
12)mkdir mono-3.2.3
13)cd mono-3.2.3
14)git clone https://github.com/mono/libgdiplus.git
cd libgdiplus
./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/mono-3.2.3 --libdir=/opt/mono-3.2.3/lib
make
make install
cd ..

15)wget http://download.mono-project.com/sources/mono/mono-3.2.3.tar.bz2
tar xfv mono-3.2.3.tar.bz2
cd mono-3.2.3
./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/mono-3.2.3 --libdir=/opt/mono-3.2.3/lib
make
make install
exit superuser

16)cd ~
mkdir bin
cd bin
ln -s /opt/mono-3.2.3 mono

17)cd ..
edit .bashrc - put at bottom
export PATH="/home/<user>/bin/mono/bin:$PATH"
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/home/<user>/bin/mono/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH"
export MANPATH="/home/<user>/bin/mono/share/man:$MANPATH"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/<user>/bin/mono/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
export MONO_THREADS_PER_CPU=2048
export MONO_GC_PARAMS=nursery-size=64m

18) source .bashrc

19) sudo apt-get install ftpd unzip

20) create directories for install of ServUO and map files - insert map files first, then modify Datapath.cs

21) before compiling dont forget to update the /etc/bash.bashrc file with variables from step 17.
22) sudo -i
23) mono -V
24) exit ; mono -V
25) both should be the most current mono.
26) now you should be able to compile!
27) sudo mcs -sdk:4.0 -out:ServUO.exe -d:MONO -d:Framework_4_0 -d:ServUO -optimize+ -unsafe -r:System,System.Configuration.Install,System.Data,System.Drawing,System.EnterpriseServices,System.Management,System.Security,System.ServiceProcess,System.Web,System.Web.Services,System.Windows.Forms,System.Xml,OpenUO.Core.dll,OpenUO.Ultima.dll,OpenUO.Ultima.Windows.Forms.dll,SevenZipSharp.dll -nowarn:219 -recurse:Server/*.cs

Sadly I still recieve the error that ServUO cant find the datafiles when the path was updated

This is what is in the DataPath.cs --
private static readonly string CustomPath = @"/var/uosac";

+ Services/PlantSystem/Clippers.cs:
CS0162: Line 329: Unreachable code detected
CS0162: Line 332: Unreachable code detected
+ Services/Quests/Peerless System/PeerlessAltar.cs:
CS0472: Line 607: The result of comparing value type `System.TimeSpan' with null is `true'
Errors:
+ Services/XmlSpawner 2/XmlEngines/XmlSpawnerGumps.cs:
CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: Line 287: `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, string)' and `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, Server.Gumps.GumpResponse, string, string)'
CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: Line 288: `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, string)' and `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, Server.Gumps.GumpResponse, string, string)'
+ Services/XmlSpawner 2/XmlEngines/XmlQuest/XmlQuestGumps.cs:
CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: Line 203: `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, string)' and `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, Server.Gumps.GumpResponse, string, string)'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Back