Setting up quest chain with multiple NPC Questers.

I have everything configured, it compiles, no errors.

Ran across a situation where someone found NPC Quester #4 and were able to take that NPC's quest without completing the first 3 quests.

Do quest chains only work if it's the same NPC giving all the quests in the chain? I thought by defining QuestChain ChainID and Type NextQuest the system would prevent someone from jumping into the middle of a quest chain....

I think you can do by setting the quest objectives, and making certain objectives required before the next quest giver will talk to you. I had problems with that... and my "fix" is probably not ideal... I have each quest npc give an item. The next one will not talk to you unless you have the item. Then he deletes his trigger item, and gives you the next npc's trigger item (I tend to use QuestBooks as my trigger item).

I just started working on this again. I am using the Witch Apprentice and Solen Matriarch quests as guides. I have strung together Objectives, but not yet got the NPCs to string together as they should.

Hey @Tukaram

I thought about an item check, but it's not the "flow" I'm looking for.

I was hopeful because I found this

if (quest.ChainID != QuestChain.None && FirstChainQuest(quest, quest.Quester) && from.Chains.ContainsKey(quest.ChainID))

in the CanOffer section of the QuestHelper.cs but I can't seem to get it to jive right.

Anyone out there know how to make this work nicely when using QuestChain and multiple MondainQuester NPCs?

Back