Hello,
anyone have already tried this combination?
I have problem to make it start, since I'm not a fan of linux, I don't know very well what to do.

If I try to start it with "mono UOTale.exe" (a server that already exists) I got this error
Screenshot[19].png
and if I try to compile, I got this one
Screenshot[20].png

If someone have the patience to help me, I'll be very grateful :D
Remember that I'm not good with Linux :(

Edit

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ arch
i686
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ which mono
/usr/bin/mono
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ which wine
/usr/bin/wine
pi@raspberrypi:~ $

to compile you have to be in the folder and simply type "make"

Now, try mono --version and tell us what version it is :)

pi@raspberrypi:~/Downloads/UOT $ mono --version
Mono JIT compiler version 3.2.8 (Debian 3.2.8+dfsg-10)
Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
TLS: __thread
SIGSEGV: normal
Notifications: epoll
Architecture: armel,vfp+hard
Disabled: none
Misc: softdebug
LLVM: supported, not enabled.
GC: sgen

EDIT (make):
pi@raspberrypi:~/Downloads/ServUO-master $ make
mcs -target:library -out:`pwd`/Ultima.dll -r:System.Drawing.dll -d:ServUO -d:NEWTIMERS -nowarn:0618,0219,0414,1635 -debug -nologo -optimize -unsafe -recurse:`pwd`/Ultima/*.cs
error CS0006: Metadata file `System.Drawing.dll' could not be found
Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warnings
Makefile:26: recipe for target 'Ultima.dll' failed
make: *** [Ultima.dll] Error 1

Your mono version is rather old, you should update it and see if it also installs the system.drawling.dll
for comparison, your version is 3.2.8 (19 Feb 2014) and the current one is 4.6.2 (16 Nov 2016)

your mono is old and it seems to lack some dlls, so if you cant update it you could try to delete it yes. Just reinstall it afterwards with a new version :p

go to the link I posted befor, then copy each line seperately into the terminal and run it
That way you get the new version, not sure why there was an error with your try, but if you simply copied the instructions from that site I would fear that you again would get an old version since the guide is from februrary 2015

Debian 8 but should work for most debian and ubuntu tbh...

I installed mono via:

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 3FA7E0328081BFF6A14DA29AA6A19B38D3D831EF
echo "deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy main"| sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list
sudo apt-get update
echo "deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy-apache24-compat main"| sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list
echo "deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy-libjpeg62-compat main"| sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mono-complete

mono --version
Mono JIT compiler version 4.6.2 (Stable 4.6.2.16/ac9e222 Tue Jan 3 11:48:26 UTC 2017)
Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
TLS: __thread
SIGSEGV: altstack
Notifications: epoll
Architecture: amd64
Disabled: none
Misc: softdebug
LLVM: supported, not enabled.
GC: sgen

Last edited:
I did it.
I tried to make all the passages directly in #, and now I have mono 4.6.2 installed
edit: but...
Screenshot[28].png
[doublepost=1483878881][/doublepost]Ok, I tried with a fresh install of ServUO and use the "make", it compiles well but
Screenshot[29].png

Maybe it's just a problem of datapath, I'm trying to figure out how to properly set it

Edit2: could someone explain me how to set the folder of the client in DataPath.cs?
My client is located in pi/Downloads/UOT_Client

Last edited:
yea the last picture just shows a missing file, so your server isnt pointed at the client files. On linux you absolutely have to set it manually in the datapath.cfg

Yes, I know that, but can you make me an example? Im trying everything :(

I mean, I know how to set the absolute path in windows, but I don't know the structure of linux

Last edited:
on my linux version I used this
CustomPath=/home/pyro/Ultima/Files/

just be sure to have all the needed files in there then :p

Back