Hey Folks, back with another one!

So, one of my play testers snagged a paragon chest from Abscess

They managed to unlock it, but the trap sprung and exploded. When they opened the chest there wasn't anything really that "good" in there.

My questions:

1. Is this expected since the trap sprung?
2. Is there something I need to look at to review what quality of goodies should be included?
3. Is it totally random as to what is in there, so a paragon chest from a hellcat could potentially be better than a paragon chest from a Blood Elemental or something?

I was looking at the paragonchest.cs but I don't understand much of it.

1. Has nothing to do with the trap being sprung. The Abscess provides a level 5 paragon chest.
2. Up to you?
3. Paragon chests are random in the loot that you receive. The level of the chest increases the AMOUNT of loot but not the QUALITY of loot.

1. Has nothing to do with the trap being sprung. The Abscess provides a level 5 paragon chest.
2. Up to you?
3. Paragon chests are random in the loot that you receive. The level of the chest increases the AMOUNT of loot but not the QUALITY of loot.
So what DOES increase the quality? Luck? or is that something I'd have to script?

It uses the random roll for runictools. Pretty sure luck wont make a difference at all. I'll look deeper in a few.

So, interestingly, luck can play a role in the use of runictools. However, Paragon chests use the runictool calculations to determine what is applied to the item but with Luck set to zero. So, luck does not play a role in the quality of paragon loot from a chest.

So, you will have to script it to either use luck or change the way Paragon chests determine the loot.

Back