hello,

I am using the default SA install that has client patch 7.0.10.3 (patch 33) I have been looking for some solutions to resolve megacliloc errors and most of them speak to updating the client. I'd prefer not to since I am using Darkshard custom maps. Once upon a time I thought all i would need a new file that would resolve that. Is that still the case?

Attachments

• mega-error.png
    mega-error.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 17
Or add data to cliloc yourself. it's a great magic ensemble that can do great things. I like to use and improve it. I'll show you a picture.
I just have no idea how to script it on ServUO, I use sphere. But the policy is not a script, but a cliloc file modification.

Attachments

• cliloc.png
    cliloc.png
    800.5 KB · Views: 17
It's hard to add what you don't know is missing! Starting with a newer cliloc file is the easiest way to fix errors related to more recent content.

I have greatly modified the cliloc file for my client to improve game play. It's one reason I don't try to keep up with current UO anymore -- I've got over a hundred additions to the file and don't want to duplicate it every time the client updates.

I agree with you, Falkor. I just wanted to show what can be done with the cliloc file. But otherwise be sure to update the files first and then work with them. This must be done first.

Otherwise, .... I don't use the latest version of UO and I don't really use Uo as such at all. I'm transforming the ultima into another game. Therefore, I can afford to experiment with the files. And I have to say, it goes and very well.

The cliloc file is only a list of numbers and words or phrases that go with each number. Display in game is done by the Object Property List, or OPL code. You can add colors there to some degree but I wouldn't use too many as the client hates rendering HTML within the OPL list and can break if there's too any attributes for one item.

Back