Hello again!

I've been playing around with UOFiddler and adding custom assets. With help, I managed to figure out that my client uses the UOP files, so I got everything unpacked/repacked and I've got custom art showing up OK but now I'm trying to "fiddle" with the Gumps.

I can't seem to figure out how to get the newly added Gump to appear when equipped. I tried putting on a regular robe and then changing itemID through [props but that just made it turn invisible.

I added it into Gumps, but when I go in game or go into the Dress tab on UOFiddler that item doesn't seem to exist. I know I've got to be missing something here. Looking over the tutorials in the Resources area, I couldn't find one that seemed to relate to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1606834218090.png

Thanks!

Last edited:
From this https://www.servuo.com/wiki/mul-files-explained/

Eqipment gumps needs to be in certain range

gumpart.mul

Well, and again: graphical data en masse, structured by the corresponding .IDX
file. Furthermore the gumpart.mul is divided in three parts:
Gump art with indizes up to 50,000 (0xc350) are used for buttons, backgrounds and
such in dialogs (even the login screen of the client is just a dialog!). Gumps with
offsets from 50,000 up to 60,000 (0xc350 to 0xea60) are for paperdoll use if a male
character is wearing something. And finally gumps from 60,000 up are for female
paperdolls.

The interesting part is that there is a connection between art.mul, tiledata.mul,
anim.mul and gumpart.mul for every "wearable" item. We'll go in detail in this
later. Just keep in mind that for a sword or such you'll need an entry in all files
mentioned before.

Then you need tiledata.mul AnimID entry

"AnimID" holds the number to a slot in anim.mul and only makes sense if this item
represents a "wearable" or kinda "memory item" for mounts. In the first place, the
number in AnimID points to the animation to show if the item is equipped (and this
number + 0xC350 will be the gump id of the item to show in the paperdoll then - if
the char is male; or +0xEA60 for female chars. If the latter gump does not exist
the male one will be used instead).

Also I remember that there are some .def files in client folder that may have mappings from one id to other.

In general this is how you can connect your equipment art to gump and anim.

Back