So I reckon BaseWeapon.cs is where I'm supposed to be looking. I can even see comments related to -1 properties for AOS stat types.

My aim is to remove the damage / accuracy scaler, IE, remove Vanq weapons. I want to force weapons to have random properties and luck and chances etc; makes it more interesting.

I started with WeaponEnums as that referenced Vanq directly, except the game screamed at me when removing the lines I didn't want.

Any pointers to try and have a Vanq free world?

Nick

In baseweapon, around line 3632, it shows where the damage offset is applied. In line 3691 there is a weapon bonus again using those modifiers.

I am pretty sure you can simply remove the offending lines and rewrite it to use another method or flat bonus.

Just going through these lines. I reckon I can probably modify this to not have damage bonus's.

This wouldn't remove the game's ability to randomly generate Vanq loot etc though, just that the Vanq stat wouldn't do anything?

Perhaps it would be better to simply edit some loot code so nothing can be generated with these stats.

Any idea? This level of scripting is natively beyond me at the moment, I've only been editing smaller files or concepts so far :)

Nick

Gonna take me some time but this is a good chance to learn how some real "core" of the game works. I'll let you know how I get on!

Nick

Back