Good evening. I am new to ServUO and recently downloaded the master file package. I have followed the instructions carefully. When I get to setup part 1.2, it says

"When the server is ready it will ask you to create your admin account."

However, that is not the experience I am having. It is asking where the UO directory is. I installed my own client and entered it to no avail. Then I tried the Ultima directory inside the root install directory for ServUO and still received the following error. I cannot get beyond this point. Any help is appreciated. Thank you. See below.

tiledata.mul was not found
Make sure your Scripts/Misc/DataPath.cs is properly configured
After pressing return an exception will be thrown and the server will terminate
Error:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Server.TileData' threw an exception. ---> System.Exception: TileData: not found
at Server.TileData..cctor() in c:\uo\ServUO-master\Server\TileData.cs:line 331
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Server.TileData.get_MaxItemValue()
at Server.Item.get_DefaultWeight() in c:\uo\ServUO-master\Server\Item.cs:line 3657
at Server.Item.get_PileWeight() in c:\uo\ServUO-master\Server\Item.cs:line 3712
at Server.Item.set_Amount(Int32 value) in c:\uo\ServUO-master\Server\Item.cs:line 4763
at Server.Item..ctor() in c:\uo\ServUO-master\Server\Item.cs:line 5884
at Server.Engines.Plants.MaginciaPlantSystem..ctor()
at Server.Engines.Plants.MaginciaPlantSystem.Initialize()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Invoke(String method) in c:\uo\ServUO-master\Server\ScriptCompiler.cs:line 667
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\uo\ServUO-master\Server\Main.cs:line 558
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

Welcome to ServUO :) try setting your data path in the Config folder--Config/DataPath.cfg Server List would also be in Config

While I have you on the line ;) Is there a specific version of the client I need? I no longer have my UO disks and the only client I have was downloaded from Broadsword.

Back