OP
Xeno
ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
Time Of Legends
1. If you edit the signs.cfg, do you have to generate signs to make it change?

2. Does anyone have the signs.cfg for the Darkshards Sosaria map by chance?

3. Where are doors saved so the can be generated and deleted without doing it manually every time? I see a .txt file but it looks like it just lists the different styles.

4. Does anyone have the file for the Darkshards Sosaria map for doors by chance?

EDIT:
C#:
0 3032 373 904 -1 #1016093
I know that 0 is the facet and 3032 is the sign but is there a list that lists all the signs and what they are without looking through UO Fiddler?

Last edited:
1. If you edit the signs.cfg, do you have to generate signs to make it change?

2. Does anyone have the signs.cfg for the Darkshards Sosaria map by chance?

3. Where are doors saved so the can be generated and deleted without doing it manually every time? I see a .txt file but it looks like it just lists the different styles.

4. Does anyone have the file for the Darkshards Sosaria map for doors by chance?

EDIT:
C#:
0 3032 373 904 -1 #1016093
I know that 0 is the facet and 3032 is the sign but is there a list that lists all the signs and what they are without looking through UO Fiddler?

3 & 4. For doorgen, the command actually analyzes structures in your statics files and determines door openings, so it works with custom maps. No need for a file. Biggest downside is it will always be wooden door. Smaller downside is it is automated, and may make mistakes that you will have to correct manually. But anytime you are dealing with a custom map, you will have to tweak many things manually.

That is pretty cool. I was wondering about that when I was looking at the script. The signs are a pain. I have been experimenting and it seems a lot of the signs appear on the ground when I generated them.

Doorgen rocks. However, to make it more efficient, there are regions defined per map where it looks for doors, so it doesnt waste time looking for them in the oceans. You can see these regions towards the beginning of DoorGenerator.cs You will most likely want to change these to correspond to your own maps towns, or just set a rectangle that covers the entire map, but this may cause lag, high resource usage etc.

For the signs..
I believe the -1 in the example shown is the z level or height. maybe try adjusting that.

However, you could add the signs ingame, add the name to them (not limited to clilocs), and then adjust the z level to your liking.

Once happy with it, you can use [signsave to save that sign it to the signs.cfg.

Last edited:
When I add them in game, they go into place perfectly. I verified that it saved but then when I was experimenting with [signgendelete they would not delete and when I would use [signgen they would come back but at 0. I did see all of the ones with cliloc say 0 as well but they seem to be fine, just the ones I add in game and save are messed up. I will play with it more but I guess once in place and set, I would not really have a reason to delete and gen again later.

Back