ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
Endless Journey
So I don't know if it's just me or not but when I manually set a skill cap in game it resets to the default, is that normal behavior? if so where on earth is it being set I've been trying to find where it resets the cap so I can remove it as I do want the cap set to what's in the config but I have rewards available to allow you to adjust the cap in-game.

When you set a skill cap in-game, does it reset to default immediately or maybe after a relog? It does sound like the in-game change isn't being saved at all if this only occurs after a relog. Perphaps a third party script (Example: Rewards) is resetting it otherwise? Sorry I'm not able to be of more help as I'm just recently getting back into RunUO myself.

Alright, so I've heard of this same issue elsewhere in another thread which in-game commands will not seem to save the change. There was no solution, however, there are several things you may still do...

You could try saving the server right after making the in-game change and see if that resolves it, although could be quite annoying especially on larger servers.

Check the command code itself and see if you can spot the issue. (If you can locate that code anyway)

Come up with some type of work around such as executing a function in a script that sets the new skill cap of an X amount.

I was studing the CharacterCreation Script just this morning and figured out how to set a new statcap, skillscap, str, dex, int, starting location and more. Although previous coding experience greatly helps. But my point is that it does change skills and skillcaps which can teach you how to do that stuff specifically. (If needed even)

Well if I [props a player and set the skill cap it does save, and when they log out it doesn't change, but it resets immediately as soon as they log back in.. so something somewhere is resetting it on log in but I can't for the life of me find where lol.. I've been combing through login events and anywhere I can find the words skillscap or 1080 as that's what it's being reset to.. nothing.. I'm pulling my hair out over here..

I suppose I can modify my login event script to check for an account tag on each character on login then have the rewards set said account tag so it resets the reset lol.. but man that is annoying..

Back