xG00BERx

When any player even a player with 0 Skill base casts the first two circles of Magery he/she will not gain so they can weaken spam other players as well as use magery to heal somebody if they had a spellbook in their backpack

This is also an issue for new players trying to work Magery!

Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this? I have reviewed the SkillCheck.cs and not found anything :\

They can cast with 0 skill because humans having a racial bonus of +20 skill, but not sure why your players are not gaining. I tried this and I gained skill in magery.

They can cast with 0 skill because humans having a racial bonus of +20 skill, but not sure why your players are not gaining. I tried this and I gained skill in magery.

Perhaps post your SkillCheck.cs ?

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I can't believe I didn't think of that btw. Thanks for the help but maybe we have a diff SkillCheck somehow.

I can cast spells like fireball and it will begin to work from 0.0 and up but its just getting over the 20.0 I guess it's not that big of an issue but if I can fix it I will be happy xD

I'm not near the files, but look and see if Skillcheck is checking Base skill or Fixed. It might be looking at Fixed and seeing that Fixed = 20 and therefore not gaining?

I can cast spells like fireball and it will begin to work from 0.0 and up but its just getting over the 20.0 I guess it's not that big of an issue but if I can fix it I will be happy xD
Try purchasing the skill from an NPC first, then see if you gain.

Back