ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
Endless Journey
My friend is trying to connect on my server and he keep getting the Socket Error when he launch ClassicUo. Anyone had that problem before and know how to fix it ?

fill out the messages with records of what is happening in the server console at that moment, but most likely you do not have open ports or do not have a real IP address

The server does nothing, i can't see him log in at all, as soon as we try to log in he gets a Socket Error message and can't connect. I use a VPS to host the server during developement and testing. I Opened my 2593 port and use no-ip for redirection toward the vps. I have other player that can connect tought and i can as well, it happenned to me on other server to get this error and waited a few hours and its worked after....

is there a way to make sure i do not get thiserror again ?

It might be his firewall blocking that application since UO is an older program or if he is using razor or other means to connect sometimes Windows or other platforms don't recognize them and block the application has he tried running it as administrator? Just throwing ideas out there of things that have blocked in the past. Or maybe your server blocked his IP for multiple login attempts and auto banned his IP. or his login.cfg is corrupted somehow.

Back