What I am trying to do is teleport boats from one map to another. I am not sure if the spawner can actually recognize the boat or not. So I figured I would ask here if the spawner is capable and what would I use to get it to recognize the boat?

Check out how the Serpent Pillar handles teleporting entire boats.
A boat moving one tile is the same as a boat moving 100 tiles in one step, a map change on top of that should be trivial.

I have tried adding a map change to the Serpent Pillar, but it is not working. So I figured I could use XML Spawner to do the job.

Might try explaining what happens when you try it with the serpent pillar might be an easy fix. Might be just a simple not recognizing your map files if have custom maps or something. Because a boat is basically one file a multi 0x01 example in multis.mul so serpent pillar should work just fine, so if you could explain what happens might help us help you.

Honestly I would put down a serpent pillar in game test it out see if it works for you then in game change the item id to what you want make sure its active, make sure you have the onspeech word correct all the things that a normal pillar needs to work is correct and go from there. should be easy as pie.

Back