I know some people use Nerun's, some AccurateSpawner, some the default..... I have read a lot of posts about it but I'm wondering as of right now, which would work for what I need to do...

So basically, what is currently the best ServUO way to spawn the entire world (Deco, mobs, vendors, etc.) ? What are they missing in comparison?

I would love to spawn a complete world up to High Seas. I need to use 7.0.23.1, so I'm assuming since HS was 2010, that will be all gravy.

If you were in my position, what setup would you use on a fresh ServUO install to spawn everything? One thing? A combo?

One last thing.. Are most of or all of the OSI quests data/scripts/spawners included with a particular (or combo) method?

Thanks for reading guys. Prolly should have formatted better, on break in a rush :p

Here is the fact about the "best" global spawner.
There are none that are publicly available.

Servuo and Justuo have the same spawn files: https://www.servuo.com/threads/few-updates-to-repo.3229/

On the topic on Nerun's spawn files, they're fine they work good but they haven't been updated in years.

Accurate up to date xml spawn files is a big project that needs to be taken on and done well. It isn't even that hard to do it's just tedious and time consuming.

I totally enjoy that one.. but the fact that you cannot individually edit them or only pick and choose what you want to add/remove deters me from using that.
Why can't you? It's just an xml file open it up in a program like notepad++ or visual studio.
Tip: Go in game and type [xmlfind then Set the radius and facet. Now search for xml spawners or spawners I forget the keyword.
Bam there are all the xml spawners located around you in game in the given radius. Find them in the xml file you have open and edit away. or Edit them in game and save them to a new xml file.
Tedious and time consuming but very achievable.

I started to document the spawn files one by one on Dian's & Talshani's shard with this method but never finished. I didn't even have access to the server files and I was able to do it.

Last edited:
Why can't you? It's just an xml file open it up in a program like notepad++ or visual studio.
Tip: Go in game and type [xmlfind then Set the radius and facet. Now search for xml spawners or spawners I forget the keyword.
Bam there are all the xml spawners located around you in game in the given radius. Find them in the xml file you have open and edit away. or Edit them in game and save them to a new xml file.
Tedious and time consuming but very achievable.

I started to document the spawn files one by one on Dian's & Talshani's shard with this method but never finished. I didn't even have access to the server files and I was able to do it.

Right, I meant in a simple gump. Not like open up and find and edit and look for radius with facet and search and Bam.

Right, I meant in a simple gump.
[xmlfind Very similiar to what I already described. I presume you didn't try it.(based on your reply)
You can go through the xml spawns individually, you can even save select spawns out of your results.

So take any global spawn file(s) out there and put it into as many subgroups as you want. Then you can load or remove that at will.

To answer your original question. I'd just use the distro spawn files and work with them to match what I wanted or my shards needs are.
[createworld is used for deco & xmlspawners are used for mobs and vendors.

Last edited:
[xmlfind Very similiar to what I already described. I presume you didn't try it.(based on your reply)
You can go through the xml spawns individually, you can even save select spawns out of your results.

So take any global spawn file(s) out there and put it into as many subgroups as you want. Then you can load or remove that at will.

To answer your original question. I'd just use the distro spawn files and work with them to match what I wanted or my shards needs are.
[createworld is used for deco & xmlspawners are used for mobs and vendors.

Cool man, thanks for the response.

Back