Hello everyone! I thought I should introduce myself now that I'm doing more than just getting stuff.

My name is Eric, and in the game my primary character is always Crafter Eric. I started playing on Pacific about a month after the original game came out in '97. Played for a year, then retired for almost 20. I came back playing on free shards, but none had all the addons I wanted, and none were done the way *I* wanted.

Then I realized I could just run my own shard. That's all these other idiots were doing, and in some places the owner and one GM. I'd figure it out.

So I came here and started building. I've gone through a few iterations, but I'm getting closer to my final build. At this point, I've got a modified Land of Archon release. I have a modded OWLTR that holds useful stuff like rune chisels, rough stones, firerock and it's crafting tool, and gobs of other stuff. I've got tons of addons, like tameable Ancient Wyrms and rideable Hell Hounds, bless bags, completed spellbooks, ethy mounts, all available from the stone vendors in every starting city in Trammel. I've got both imbuing and runecrafting, but I like runecrafting so much that I've got it turned to about a 1 in 50 chance of failure, so becoming a god or goddess is more than possible here. Gold is weightless - you shouldn't be penalized for doing well in the game. Heck, I've even got weed and strippers! :D Right now, I'm adding things that you can craft to the list of things that NPC vendors will buy. When I get done, you'll be able to sell everything you can craft to a vendor. No self respecting vendor would simply say he didn't want a high-end item. A good vendor would know everything about his craft, and be willing to buy things that he himself could not craft. Even the sale price for Exceptional gear is turned up just a little. I'm designing the true crafter's paradise.

Anyway, so my shard is coming together well. I hope to have it open for the public one day, but I don't have the hardware, plus I'm having issues getting ServUO to run in linux. I'll keep messing with it. I've got a fiber connection, but only a 2.5 Ghz CPU. :p But until I get the hardware, I can keep building the software. Someday it'll all come together.

Oh, but you might wanna know about *me*. I'm smart as a whip, but mentally disabled. I was hit in the head one time really hard, like with somebody's car. The part of my brain that got bruised was the part the handles memory, so it's literally impossible for me to learn. Like I went to HVAC school after the coma, scored a 3.29 (out of 4), but a month after school was over couldn't remember a thing. I think my memory is good for about 4 or 5 hours at most. If it happened more than that far back, I don't remember it, even if I did it myself this morning. So learning a new programming language... I have tried. I've been through several hours of a 12 hour course, but can't remember anything. That makes it possible for me to modify someone else's script (if it's simple), but no way I'll write my own stuff. Not possible. I can never even remember if I took my meds last.

Oh, but that might also be because I smoke a whole dang lotta weed. :D I like the best, and you'll often see me affected by something. So that's all about me, and this new guy who invaded your space and what he wants. Basically I just wanna keep adding to my shard, and someday go public. And I'll have a bowl.

And it'll rule.

: }-~

Back