Hi all.

I've been setting up my shard to remove Trammel. Latest expansion, just no trammel. 1 world of britannia is enough and us classic folk seem to prefer Fel.

However......

People a bit newer to the game, or raw new accounts/characters "might" appreciate the benefits of Haven.

I'm thinking I could allow JUST Haven on the moongate and as a starting location choice.

My problem is if you went back there and took a boat of something, you could float over to normal Trammel?

Is there anything that might prevent this, or is there some way I could ringfence the Haven island?

I remember there used to be something related to Young status, is that still in effect for the island?

Any thoughts appreciated :)

While walking around the island, using "[where" every so often, in and out of town, along the coast, and in the old zombie-infested town, I notice that it says " - Haven Island" at the end always until I go off shore a few feet.

I am guessing you could make use of that to prevent people from leaving the island to explore. Perhaps if they find a way to stray too far, there is a timer that kicks in with a warning, then it teleports them back to the Haven town center or something.

You can prevent boat placement on a per map basis. You can also edit public moongate entries to not include locations or even an entire facet.

Theoretically should accomplish what you are looking to do.

You can prevent boat placement on a per map basis. You can also edit public moongate entries to not include locations or even an entire facet.

Theoretically should accomplish what you are looking to do.

Never tried preventing boats. If I prevent boats in Trammel that would basically solve the "getting off the island" issue if i allowed access.

Public Moongate already has trammel completely removed, and the character creation only allows Felucca Britain.

I just thought there are some people who might join who might not be such veterans that go flying in Felucca with a plan, and would prefer an easier entry in a brand new shard and have Haven for quests/young/easier skills.
Post automatically merged:

Also make edits to the "Physically Stuck" help option.
Never considered this button. What do I need to take into account?

If someone says they are stuck, it waits a minute or so, then presents a list of cities for them to choose to spawn in. You would want to just remove the choices and have them spawn in Haven if they use the stuck menu option in Trammel.

If someone says they are stuck, it waits a minute or so, then presents a list of cities for them to choose to spawn in. You would want to just remove the choices and have them spawn in Haven if they use the stuck menu option in Trammel.

Hmm. Never thought about this one. Will have to go find some code and bugger it up! Cheers

Back