After all this time (years) . . I started playing with UO Architect to add some additional fun for the players on my "RunUO 2.1" shard.

It took me a while but I've made good progress thanks to the great Tutorial here by Fireball https://www.servuo.com/threads/how-to-create-deed-placeable-custom-houses.2872

I have my first house (a Large Keep) ready to go but before patching out the .Muls I discovered a couple of problems:
1) When I open the house sign Gump it does not display the house price/value and
2) the house sign Gump also indicates there are are no secure, lockdowns etc . . says '0' beside each storage option
3) When I tested the secures inside the house . . everything I tried to lock down or secure gave me a message saying the item would exceed the allowed storage.

Am I missing something from the Tutorial?

Here is the section I added to my Houses.cs file for the new Large Keep.

Code:
    public class LargeKeep : BaseHouse
    {
        public static Rectangle2D[] AreaArray = new Rectangle2D[]{  new Rectangle2D( -16, -16, 32, 32 ), new Rectangle2D( -1, 17, 4, 1 ) };

public override int DefaultPrice{ get{ return 1250000; } }

public override Rectangle2D[] Area{ get{ return AreaArray; } }
        public override Point3D BaseBanLocation{ get{ return new Point3D( -5, 19, 0 ); } }

public LargeKeep( Mobile owner ) : base( 0x18, owner, 3625, 25 )
        {
            uint keyValue = CreateKeys( owner );

AddSouthDoors( false, -1, 15, 5, false );

SetSign( -3, 16, 6 );

AddSouthDoors( false, -1, -4, 5, false );

}

public LargeKeep( Serial serial ) : base( serial )
        {
        }

public override HouseDeed GetDeed() { return new LargeKeepDeed(); }

public override void Serialize( GenericWriter writer )
        {
            base.Serialize( writer );
            writer.Write( (int)0 );//version
        }

public override void Deserialize( GenericReader reader )
        {
            base.Deserialize( reader );
            int version = reader.ReadInt();
        }
    }

I would love to use UO Architect to make more housing options but would need to get this this one working first.

Any helps would be appreciated

Thanks

The server looks for entries in HousePlacementEntry which is defined in HousePlacementTool.cs. Even if you aren't using the tool you may want to add your custom housing to the list there anyway.

example:

Code:
new HousePlacementEntry(typeof(Keep),           1011313,    2625,    1312,    3019,    1509,    52,    562500, 0, 11,    0,    0x007C),

That way it'll have the data for secures, lockdowns, and cost to build.

The first value is the Cliloc entry for its name and the last hex is the multi number. I don't remember the exact formatting for the rest but you can iron it out with a few tries. The 5th from the right in the example appears to be its cost.

This info is all from ServUO but it looks to be applicable for many generations of RunUO as well.

Many Thanks my friend . . I now have something to chase down. Looking forward to that tomorrow.

Cheers
Post automatically merged:

Okay . . could not wait.

Thank you! Thank you! Your suggestion solved all outstanding problems.

*bows*

Last edited:
Thanks to Falkor the problems that brought me here have been solved but I have noticed one remaining 'Glitch' with my use of UO Architect that I did not see before.

When I look close at my finished product I see that it has inserted (or moved) whatever item I used for the north west corner of the building into the very center. So for example . . if the building I am trying to make has a 'stone post' in the top left corner during construction, that post will be moved onto the center point of the construction on the finished product leaving nothing in the top left corner and an obstruction at the center point.

So far the only way I found around this was using something 'short' (small) in that corner so it would end up below the floor in the center. That solves the obstruction in the middle but leaves a gap in the top left corner where a 'post' would normally go. I must be missing something obvious here but numerous tries have left me scratching my head.

If I do 'props' on the object moved to the center it says 'BaseHouse' instead of 'StaticTarget' like the rest of the building.

Has anyone run into this before?

Thanks

I wonder if you can edit that multi in UOFiddler and manually put the offending item back into the corner?

The very first component listed should be the top left corner itmID (usually a foundation piece) and it should be at coordinates 0,0,0,1,0

Well . . with the help from Falkor I have got my UO Architect working well and have been creating some new houses for my players.

There are however, two things I discovered that would be nice to sort out (if UOA can do it).

1) If I add something to a building being created and give it a name (like 'mantle' instead of the item's game assigned name 'board') the custom name I set for the item does not carry through to the finished house when placed in game. So I end up with a fireplace that has a board instead of a mantle.

2) If I then change the Hue of the board to match the house deco, the new hue does not carry through to the finished house when placed in game.

Is there anyway to give various bits and parts of UOA constructed houses different names and hues that do not get lost after they are placed?

Many thanks for any information anyone might have on this.

Multis are treated differently. Names are pulled from the itemID's description only and individual components can't be (easily) hued. I have to qualify the last part because there are "house painting" and "boat painting" mods that let you hue the whole thing but it's an all-or-nothing situation there.

When I was building- I used Pandora to build in game then saved it in UOA , it would save all the hues. :)

Interesting Milva. All of the work I have done (4 houses) was Pandora built then saved in UOA but none of the Huse changes carried over and none of the Names I gave to bits and parts carried over.

I am starting to think that . . if you want special Hues and/or Names for parts then you need to make a new item in one of the .MUL files that can be referred to. Problem is . . that would exceed my ability. I was hoping there would be another way like some UOA feature I had missed.

The program you use to connect/ login to your server uoa- options on there doesn't have any thing for hue? (don't have the program right now to check :)

I looked but could not find anything for Hue. May have missed it. Would love that option. It would solve half the problem but the biggest half.

Back